Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's Going On....????  (Read 10529 times)

garston1

Re: What's Going On....????
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 11:01:18 pm »

Well said Wully you S..t! :-))

Wasyl

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 11:09:34 pm »

{-)and there was me singing your praisies ,..and what do you do,you insult me by calling me Wully,..its Wullie Wullie Wullie!!!!! {-)..no Y...ie what part of that do you not understand, Mertin??? {-)

Wullie

garston1

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 11:11:12 pm »

Sorry Wull, the i and e are on the top row of my keyboard and its a bit of a stretch {-)

Wasyl

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 11:14:17 pm »

What do ya mean a bit of a stretch, yer airms are the same as mine, {-) {-)

Wullie

garston1

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 11:15:31 pm »

Aaaaaahhh but my keyboards further away :-))

Wasyl

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 11:15:51 pm »

Sorry Wull, the i and e are on the top row of my keyboard and its a bit of a stretch {-)
here!! so,s the Y {-)

Wullie

garston1

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 11:16:55 pm »

DAMN >:-o

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 11:17:31 pm »

Willy, are you trying to set a record for posting on every single topic on this Forum without contributing one iota to the sum of human knowledge?

Oh, dear, I think my keyboard has a similar problen to Garston's.

Colin

garston1

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 11:18:31 pm »

You've noticed that too Colin :-)) (Can you say Willy)

Wasyl

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 11:30:12 pm »

My Dear Colin,Not contributing........means i think, not giving anything,am i right,..
if you and yer pal Martin {-) take a look down this column you will notice that my last 5 topics have been answered 89 times,.. i will admit i,ve responded to some of these answers, but on the whole i would say these 5 topics are a big contribution, would you not agree, O0 {-) %%

Wullie aka Wully and Willy, {-)

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 11:33:11 pm »

Careful careful,  :o :o or the politically correct police  :police: :police: will be onto you  %% %%
In Oz chit chat means chit chat  %) %) %)
So that's that  <*< <*<
Wul, Qerty keyboards all have the same key problem but  mine is upside down  <:( <:( <:(

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 11:33:52 pm »

No Wullie. Over the last two days you have put up 51 posts and NOT ONE of them has been about model boating. If that isn't abusing the Forum then I don't know what is. Most of us who post in Chit Chat also make useful model boating contributions as well but you don't appear to do so to any noticeable extent.

Colin

garston1

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 11:36:27 pm »

My Dear Colin,Not contributing........means i think, not giving anything,am i right,..
if you and yer pal Martin {-) take a look down this column you will notice that my last 5 topics have been answered 89 times,.. i will admit i,ve responded to some of these answers, but on the whole i would say these 5 topics are a big contribution, would you not agree, O0 {-) %%

No! {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Pick on Wully day

garston1

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 11:40:50 pm »

WULLIE :-))

Wasyl

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2010, 12:16:26 am »

Counting was never one of my strong points,Colin,but now that you come to mention it,perhaps i,ll start doing some of my own,just to see where it gets me,who knows, I might become like my eldest daughter,a Mathematician,
As for  posting boat related topics,..i,ll admit they have been few and far between,..two over the past two weeks, probably is,nt enough,..but they were in the right place,but getting back to the contributing,I seem to recall a fellow member thanking me for putting him in the right direction,

Wullie

garston1

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2010, 12:32:49 am »

you keep doin wot your doin Wull :-)) :-))

ZZ56

Re: A very sad day for Mayhem.
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2010, 04:35:37 am »

Quitting a forum over one moderated post is rather extreme behaviour, don't you think? {:-{

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2010, 06:39:40 am »

Doesn't bother me Woolly! :-))

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2010, 07:49:37 am »

Sorry Wally, I wouldn't agree.  Anyone can come up with a contentious subject that they know is going to generate debate or even much discussion but that doesn't constitute a contribution and even you admit you have to answer it yourself to keep it going.

Opinions will always vary on the meaning or use of 'Chit Chat' but I think most will agree that it should support the rest of the forum rather than be an isolated identity.  Contributions as far as I am concerned are posts that others may learn something from or be guided by as a result of past modelling experiences but when a member spends 99% of his time in the 'Chit Chat' section then thier contribution will probably be seen as limited.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2010, 07:50:29 am »

oh dear Mayhem members....with the likes of this ..... >>:-( what do I say?

"Wul, Qerty keyboards all have the same key problem but  mine is upside down"    ....courtesy of my mate... <*< up the road a bit  :-X

RaaArtyGunner .......if you cannot turn your keyboard upside down.....just try & stand on your head.............but DO NOT try & eat Weet Bix this way  {-) {-) as you may drown............  <:( Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2010, 08:15:55 am »

From my observations of other Websites over the years, and visiting website management forums,  I have made a number of observations.

One big danger of constantly posting, where the content of the post has no real meaning, is that if you do have something important to say; many people will not bother to read it. And so you lose out.

Additionally, if you do have something to post that may be beneficial to others, they may just pass over your post. Then you and they lose out.

If you need assistance you may not get it, as people have stopped reading your posts. You lose out.

When a board becomes like a private chat room for a very small number of members, it devalues the board and the site. We all lose out.

When people put up a thread about something meaningful and thier thread is hijacked by irrelevant (and non-contributary posts), they are less likely to post in future. Worst case, they stop posting altogether.
This means that all the members are losing out.

My 2 cents
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2010, 08:34:15 am »

Well said TT.  O0

Anyone seen this topic? -
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12599.0
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: A very sad day for Mayhem.
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2010, 08:35:27 am »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Action Electronics
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2010, 09:59:59 am »

Seeing as the topic "a sad day for Mayhem" appears to have been locked I will have to start a new one.

The last topic was locked by a moderator for a very good reason.  Why anyone should think they have the right to restart the very same subject in another thread is a bit beyond me but needless to say this if this subject is started yet again with the same intentions of stirring up another argument further sanctions will be applied.

This will now be locked as well
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Mayhem where model boaters come together for fun & friendship.
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2010, 12:25:52 pm »

I've had guts full of all this inane sniping and bickering, it stops right here.

You know we try to keep most of the people happy most of the time. Day and night the moderators and I are working behind
the scenes, trying our best to keep the peace, douse the brush  fires and accommodate everyone. OK, we do make mistakes
but those of us that have been with Mayhem a long time, have already experienced the flame wars… there are no winners,  
afterwards there is just bitterness and resentment.

Maybe it's the onset of autumn, something in the water, solar winds, whatever but  I set this forum to bring the nest out in
everyone and to promote Model Boat building, lets focus on that and end this juvenile snipping, flame wars and mire stirring.
As before anyone that snips against ANY other forum member will receive a Yellow Card.

Free speech and expressions of personal opinions on this forum.

This Forum provides an opportunity to express opinions on a whole range of topics, not just model boating. However, as the
Site Owner and the one person who must ultimately carry the can for everything that goes on in the Forum and the Moderators
he has appointed, are determined to ensure that all opinions are expressed reasonably.

The Forum does not offer the right of uninhibited, free speech.

Forum membership is a privilege not an automatic right…. It is all about model boats after all!

Martin - Model Boat Mayhem.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.