Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Italeri S-100 Schnellboot  (Read 10992 times)

rsm

My Italeri S-100 Schnellboot
« on: September 25, 2010, 03:59:07 pm »

Here are a few pictures of my Italeri 1/35th scale S-boot S-204 "Lang". I've used propellers from George Sitek, 3mm propeller shafts from Raboesch, three Deans Marine Navy geared mini motors, a single ni-mh 7.2v battery pack for power and a single Mtroniks Viper Marine 40 esc. More pictures to follow.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: My Italeri S-100 Schnellboot
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 04:09:37 pm »

Thats an incredibly neat job. :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

rsm

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 04:17:00 pm »

Cheers Richard. It's almost finished now so I'll be uploading a few more pictures in a couple of minutes.  ok2

rsm

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 04:28:58 pm »

A few more pictures. The skull cap and 40mm gun shield are Cammett replacements, I also have some Cammett canvas dodgers to add.

rsm

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 04:34:03 pm »

The dinghy is also from Cammett!  :embarrassed: I've really enjoyed this build and would recommend this kit to anyone. I've only tested it in the bath so far, but it certainly shifts a lot of water on full throttle.  %)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 04:49:40 pm »

Beautiful job Roger  :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

rsm

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 05:52:08 pm »

Thanks Richard. I was impressed with your Javelin and am going to have a crack at a Deans Solebay as my next project.  :-))

class37

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 07:36:03 pm »

Hi RSM,

really impressed with the pics of your build, but a bit baffled in the internals pic [2] what are the items attached to the rudder arms.

i can see the steering servo, but on each side there is a blue ?servo?micro switch?? connected to the rudder arms.

is this to reduce power to, or shut off altogether, the motor on that side when turning hard ?

sorry if this is a silly question, but it doesn't take much to baffle me these days !

cheers

alan

keef666

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 08:23:34 pm »

Nice clean boat, but i am too baffled, by your rudder set up, and you say you have only had it in the bath, i know for myself putting a boat in the bath is nothing like seeing her sailing on the water of a boating lake, when i did mine i had all three tiller arms contacted but only one metal rod to the servo,
Have you sealed the whole of the rear deck down, but left some type of access hatch so you can get at the rudders if you need to!
 hope you can post few photos of her on the water!

rsm

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 10:02:56 pm »

Sorry Guys not trying to confuse you. I tried linking all three rudders together so one servo operates all three, but I couldn't get it to work satisfactorily so each rudder now has it's own servo connected by "Y" leads to the receiver. A standard servo for the large centre rudder and a micro servo for each of the two small rudders. A bit unorthodox but it seems to work a treat. The model is still not quite finished so I haven't had it out on the lake yet, but I will post some pictures when I do.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 10:37:24 pm »

Hi Roger,
Nice build.  :-)) :-))
Are you able to say what size props and shafts you have fitted.
Any chance some close ups, such as rudder area.
Noted that you have used kit rudders.
Looking forward to updates after sea trials.  O0 O0

rsm

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 01:38:50 pm »

The propellers are made in brass by George Sitek (www.gsitek-props.co.uk) and are based on the kit ones (ie 32mm diameter). The propeller shafts are from Raboesch (3mm by 270mm). The rudders are the kit ones, I have made the shafts and tubes for them just from brass tube and rod from the model shop. I will add some close-ups later, got to nip out shopping with the wife now.  :-))

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 02:00:00 pm »

Thank you for the update  :-))

sloop

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 10:10:14 pm »

Here are a few pictures of my Italeri 1/35th scale S-boot S-204 "Lang". I've used propellers from George Sitek, 3mm propeller shafts from Raboesch, three Deans Marine Navy geared mini motors, a single ni-mh 7.2v battery pack for power and a single Mtroniks Viper Marine 40 esc. More pictures to follow.

sloop

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 10:14:23 pm »

The propellers are made in brass by George Sitek (www.gsitek-props.co.uk) and are based on the kit ones (ie 32mm diameter). The propeller shafts are from Raboesch (3mm by 270mm). The rudders are the kit ones, I have made the shafts and tubes for them just from brass tube and rod from the model shop. I will add some close-ups later, got to nip out shopping with the wife now.  :-))
Hi Im just about to start my build.
Can you advise the detail of shaft lengths prop dia.How close to scale does it run with your setup
Cheers

rsm

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 06:54:24 pm »

The propeller shafts are available here:

http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/cPath/35_46/products_id/2368

The propellers were made to order by George Sitek (http://www.gsitek-props.co.uk/) and are 32mm in diameter and threaded to take a 3mm shaft.

The boat has a good, to scale, turn of speed (no rooster tails!!!) and a fairly large turning circle flat out, but this improves a bit at slower speeds.

Regards.

ojays

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 08:50:57 pm »

Are there any updates on this project! :-))
Age is but a number!

rsm

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 10:27:16 pm »

It has Cammett canvas dodgers fitted now. When i get the chance I'll put some more pictures up. Anything in particular you would like explained or like to see?
Roger

ojays

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 11:52:08 am »

It has Cammett canvas dodgers fitted now. When i get the chance I'll put some more pictures up. Anything in particular you would like explained or like to see?
Just generally interested in your build, :-)) I am in the middle of my build at the moment and really enjoying it!  :-)
Gregg
Age is but a number!

rsm

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 01:08:04 pm »

I really enjoyed the build. I'll try and throw some images tonight. I also have the Italeri MTB 77 which I will be doing "brushless", nowhere near making a start apart from getting the components.  :-))
Roger

ojays

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 09:23:34 pm »

How did you get on with the dodgers, were they difficult to fit!
I am presently waiting for the mines set from Master Casters  (ex-Cammett moulds)

Gregg
Age is but a number!

rsm

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 12:10:51 am »

The canvas dodgers were quite time consuming to fit, but not too difficult. They were just threaded on to the existing railings using thin wire. I didn't use the edging strips just the main dodgers.
Roger

ojays

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 10:44:25 am »

Impressed  :-)) they really change the appeareance of the Boote. maybe when my present project is completed I will tackle modifying to an earlier version
and include the dodgers  O0

Gregg
Age is but a number!

Dan.Lord

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 11:52:31 am »

Excellent work  :-)) :-))  I'm definitely going to add this boat to my Christmas list  :}  Would be nice to see some pictures or a video of her in action. Keep up the good work Dan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.