Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Airwolf's Tank Collection  (Read 5749 times)

airwolf572010

Airwolf's Tank Collection
« on: September 27, 2010, 02:23:46 pm »

Hi all out there i just thought while we are waiting for further info on the 2 boats I am restoring that i would show you my 1/16 Model tank collection.. These models are fully functional and i have just added some final touches to make the realism of modeling further.. Hope you like...There has been a lot of work by 2 blokes into bringing this collection together and I would say perhaps its starting to be one of the best in Australia maybe the world..I wont post all the pictures of the models as it would go on for a while haha
but you all might enjoy what you see... How about letting me know and also if I can help with your model tanks please let me know and I will give you the best of my knowledge on the subject.. Anyway here they are .
Airwolf

Wasyl

Re: Airwolf's Tank Collection
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:12:15 pm »

I will admit,your artwork is very good,but as for possibly being the best in the world,..well thats pushing the boat out too far i think,..I have one or two that just might give yours a run for their money,see Panther,

Wullie

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 05:44:20 pm »

Watch this space.... Ive just put a big order for detailing parts for my HL tiger lol
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

airwolf572010

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 09:33:05 pm »

Thanks men thats what I like to see great modelling displays and Wasyl yes great looking Panther thats what its about haha no ok then maybe not the best in the world but the comment did bring out some interest didnt it.. Cant wait to see your Tiger Essex2 will be another great model also no doubt... Great stuff
Airwolf

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 10:28:21 pm »

Airwolf,

What about this one scale 1:1  %) %)

airwolf572010

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 10:47:39 pm »

Isnt that a beauty thats fabulous... Gives you great ideas to work with when you see that ...What is the Aussie Regiment ??? I have a Leopard A25 just arrived from england its a great looking model and was thinking about doing it in Aussie Stuff... Its in the German forest cammo at the moment but I have a wee bit to do before I tackle that haha.
Cheers Airwolf

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 10:59:59 pm »

Airwolf,

Think it was 1st Armoured Regiment, painted by workshops

There was some controversy about the cost to paint the tank ($70,000 could be wrong), but reason given for high cost was because of special paints used.
Supposed to create low signature to minimise detection.

Anyway would still make a stunning model.

airwolf572010

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 11:10:15 pm »

Yes I can get an Abrahams from same seller as I got the Leopard so could be done... This Abrahams comes in desert cammo standard like the Yanks I think

Airwolf

garston1

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 07:21:24 pm »

Airwolf,

What about this one scale 1:1  %) %)

The yanks are knitting tanks now? ;)

Wasyl

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 09:09:30 pm »

Here you are Chris an Abrams in 1/8th scale full rc seen on ebay,much cheapness

Wullie

airwolf572010

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 10:53:43 pm »

Thanks Wullie yes I think thats from the same English Hobby shop I bought the Leopard A25 from its Hobby Engine and says 1/16th scale.. Only trouble I have to save up for postage to Australia thats the killer and if thats 1/8th Hmm better start saving now for it... I think by the time the Leopard arrived it was nearly 300.00 Aussie for a not too dear Tank but thems the breaks as I couldnt source one here in Aussie... Going good in the Commonwealth Games arnt we????
Chris

Wasyl

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 11:23:00 pm »

Hi Chris,this Abrams is from a private seller they weigh approx 40kg,
I sold a 1/6th Kingtiger last year to a guy in California total weight 95kg,..I sent it via Fed Ex and it only cost me £218,they picked it up on a friday afternoon,and he had it on Tuesday morning,not bad going,

Wullie

Wasyl

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 03:13:14 pm »

Hi Chris,check out this sellers tanks,he also does the resin bits for making them
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Store-Juckenburg1

Wullie

airwolf572010

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 09:13:27 pm »

Yes, had a good look and these kits I believe are being sold in Australia and believe it or not some of them are cheaper than advertised in your UK Ebay...dont know why
but tks and am waiting on a Panther kitted out for battle Ardennes mate doing the work this time haha... Will send photo via here when she arrives. Also got some sandbags and ropes yesterday so i can finish off that Tiger 1 I was telling you about re leader of the third reich....Ive decided to start a few metal Upgrades to some tanks I have just to see the difference... My first project is the Henglong Late version Panther G So will start on suspension, wheels and tracks before tackling gearboxes etc...
Chris

Wasyl

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 09:46:53 pm »

I,m busy making a gun shield for my 1/16th 88,i upscaled the template from a 1/32nd scale one that i,ve got,and made the first one out of 1mm styrene,but the master will be made of 2mm aluminium

Wullie

airwolf572010

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 10:06:59 pm »

Wullie pardon my ignorance but is this a kit of a German anti tank/aircraft weapon.. Do yuou make Diaromas for such a thing or just display if with your tanks??
Chris

Wasyl

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 02:45:18 am »

Hi Chris,no need to pardon yourself,..you can,t help being dumb, {-) {-)just like i can,t help being fat,...well parts of me are bigger than other parts,if you get my drift,
to answer your questions No this is not a Kit,its 1/16th scale 88 anti-aircraft gun,soon to be made into a 88 Tank Buster complete with blast shield,..its all metal,I got it in the Czech Republic about 5 years ago,As for diorama,s oops just fell off ma chair,..I could,nt build a diorama even if my life depended on it,..but my good mate Artur he,s the man for diorama,s
once i,ve finished the 88 i,ll send pics,..but as i,ve had it for 5 years already,..in the condition its in,..well.I,ll be quick about it, {-)

Wullie

airwolf572010

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 06:15:48 am »

Tis ok Wullie Ive just received a Panther with a new paint job and a rust finish developed by my mate which looks very realistic and perhaps we will sell it in a two pack
system later on... will take pikkies and advise.. Show you all this Panther G and see what you think soon. :-))

Airwolf

Wasyl

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 03:58:55 pm »

Like this stuff,i use it all the time,

http://www.greatart.co.uk/INSTANTRUSTSET-patination.htm

prior to using this,I used to get some fine steel wool,soak it in water,allow it to dry out,then crush it into a fine powder,then apply with pva glue ..which dried clear,
perfect results every time

Wullie

piker

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 07:28:57 pm »

theres not one i dont like.

great work guys :-))

airwolf572010

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 04:24:25 am »

Thank you Piker why dont you join us .. Its Wullie and others that have been helping people for years that makes modelling what it is..
See other threads of Wullies tanks and you will see great work there
Armo

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 06:01:44 am »

Airwolf,

Mate, Check out the bargains in AFV's on this site.
It's in NSW and may be of interest to you Tankies.

https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/products/TR00323?Trumpeter%201/35%20BritishChallenger%20II%20MBT?Trumpeter%201/35%20BritishChallenger%20II%20MBT

:-)) :-)) O0 O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.