Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam meeting  (Read 2587 times)

KBIO

Steam meeting
« on: September 27, 2010, 03:53:01 pm »

Hello! :-)
It was an interesting week end and lovely for practising steam.Sunny & no wind! O0
I share with you those great moments . There as Belges, Deutch, British and Bretons! %)
Some good ideas to develop. This meeting is organised by Anton every year , and I hope that some of you will come next year; ;)
Everybody could compete for endurance , speed, and a Goliath trophe.
A lot of discussions ,and I'll have some questions to ask tonight.
Enjoy and cheers! ;)

http://picasaweb.google.fr/113724496756026454446/Atlantica2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCIrCyMa4zevhhAE&feat=directlink

Roger in France

Re: Steam meeting
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 03:55:15 pm »

Maybe you could tell us a little more about the event? For example when and where it is held.

Roger in France

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 04:54:06 pm »

On a side note: What a Wonderful model!
 Can we get any more details?

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bernhard

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 05:35:01 pm »

hi.......Great one :-)) :-)) :-)) one of the best i have se in long time................

Regards Bernhard

KBIO

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 05:57:05 pm »

Hello! :-)
I was sure you would like the Frederic Mistral! :oI agree 100% with you.
There was 3 of them rented by a French company to Roumania to pull barges on the Danube. The chiken were sold by the crew all along the river to improve their revenue.

Sorry, I'll come back later!

Carsten

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 06:23:38 pm »

Fantastisk :-))

KBIO

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 06:46:02 pm »

Hello!
I was sure you would like the Frederic Mistral! :oI agree 100% with you.
There was 3 of them rented by a French company to Roumania to pull barges on the Danube. The chicken were sold by the crew all along the river to improve their revenue.
Pigs, sheeps and others were also sold during the trip.
The model is about 140cm and powered by an old 18cc ANTON (built before he opened his workshop).

The meeting itself is held in St Savinien (North of Bordeaux) Google Earth will spot it for you. This part of France is known for the high percentage of sunny days and a strong concentration of British and German.(they know the good place!)  Cheap hotel all around.
It comes up on the last week end of September and last from Saturday to Sunday. Language barrier is broken on Saturday noon during the aperitif offered by Fabrice Bretagne (ANTON)
Although , every steamer is welcome with his boat,(I came w/ a launch &  D10)  there is a "trophe ANTON" which consists in racing around three buoys and do the maximium of laps, lasting the maximum of time.Here, you see crazy things and "crazy" people!  But laugh guaranteed and also great engineering!  The public is participating!
Everybody has to go through different test to gain a medal. Tricky but nice. No boring at all and good participation.
Also , the famous "GOLIATH TROPHEE" , The Goliath is a very handy boat wich is powered (preferably but not mandatory) by a "2cc Quartz. The hull is fiber glass ( +/- 2 feet) but anything above the deck is up to your imagination= no plan!
See the one above. I just got my engine = a jewel!

Thaks to Anton & his family we spent a really good time. I wish you will come next year with your boat. Fun guaranteed!
I think, I told you all! If I forgot something, let me know.
Regards!

Roger in France

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 07:06:24 am »

Merci mon ami. Thanks for the information.

I hope to make it there next year.

Roger in France

logoman

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 10:56:35 pm »

good to see Raphael looking so well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 23 queries.