Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: models in motion  (Read 3337 times)

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
models in motion
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:28:13 pm »

I have an outstanding order with the above model shop in Stevenage. I managed to contact them by phone last Tuesday, but since then they are not answering the phone or e mails.

Does anyone know anything about them? Have they shut down? Or perhaps sick or something?

Thanks

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

mattycoops43

Re: models in motion
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 02:51:27 pm »

Hi. I have seen on a flying forum they have shut down. However, they have a really good rep, a lot of the car people use them (used) a lot and the general opinion is they are the sort of people who will either fulfill the order or sort a refund. Consensus it to try emailing instead of phoning.

Hope you get it sorted.

Matt

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 02:26:06 pm »

Hang fire I live 5mins away from there shp here in Stevenage, I will go and have a look. Back soon.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 02:43:09 pm »

Now then I have been and had a look at there shop. The shutters are down and the shop is not open. There is NO notice anywhere to say what is going on.  All very strange as the shop is open Mon / Sat ever since they have been trading.
I hope this helps ??
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 05:52:30 pm »

Thanks for that Bill and Matt. I was suspecting something of this nature >>:-( >>:-(

I went to paypal to raise a dispute only to find out that because its more than 45 days since the payment was taken they cant help.

However, I have e mailed paypal with the relevant info, so fingers crossed.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Wasyl

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 06:16:32 pm »

I,m sure paypal use have a 90 day policy???

Wullie

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 02:03:32 pm »

I found out that they went under last weds. Opps! :((

Tugwash

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 03:04:54 pm »

not that i like to slate others but this is not the first time a shop has closed with outstanding orders still to deliver, chances are you could loose your cash you should contact trading standards asap to flag an issue they will tell you where you stand in receiving a refund or the items paid for although a pain you should also do your best to try to get into contact with the owner try looking for the business directory and see who owns the company and give them a direct phone call (yellow pages or local telephone book) worst case is that you have to start in small claims court to retrieve your cash if you can't get it resolved the old fashioned way by honour of services rendered.

Master Cheif

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 04:22:31 pm »

Although new to the forum i have located some information relevant to your subject matter its really all the rules and regulations as to what goes on so it may be some help to you

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/company-administration-help
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.