Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe Schultze  (Read 7617 times)

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
Robbe Schultze
« on: September 30, 2010, 09:08:37 pm »

As our very own Stan is building a Robbe Schultz he thought it might be an idea to share the build with you guys.  Unfortunately still struggling with the intricacies of posting pictures I said I would be happy to post his pictures for him and you can feel free to ask questions as we go along.  Stan being Stan researches everything the the very last finite detail, usually to the point of driving us all nuts, so I'm expecting this model to be quite special.  He's already decided which parts of the kit are not up to standard and how he is going to go about replacing them with considerably more scale replacements.

The first picture is the deck going on, held in place by Evo Stick nail and seal and clamped up for 24 hours.

Next a few shots of the interior showing  two 15 amp viper  E/ S/ C feeding into  an  Action fuse board then on to each motor. New prop shafts fitted and 4mm stainlees steel shafts and brass shaft supports with Prop Shop  props.  This was the first area to be remodelled to look that bit closer to the real thing.  As no pictures could be found of the external runing gear it was decided after investigating many similar craft of the time that the shafts would almost certainly be exposed.

Other pictures show detail that is being added to the remodelled deck.  The deck has been individually planked with the hatch positions accurately included in the planking.  The planking was done with 3mm x 0,5mm planks.

"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Robbe Schultze
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:13:12 pm »

That is looking superb.
Its good to see someone improving one of these and not just build "as it comes out of the box".
This looks like a very interesting thread.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:14:22 pm »

Next up are some shots of the remodelling of the deck machinery that is getting the detail attention.  A lot of work has so far gone into the modifications to the cranes to make them a lot more like the examples seen in reference photo's.

More will follow as the build progresses in the meantime please feel free to discus with Stan via this thread.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:30:10 pm »

I agree I think it's always interesting to see just what lengths some one can go to to produce a really special model rather than build something out of the box.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:38:28 pm »

That is superb detailing, if he keeps this up it will be the best Schultz that I have seen.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

sailorboy61

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 09:44:06 pm »

Good to see it's not only my wheelie bins that have become a modeling work station.... they are at a great height for spraying I've found!

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 12:48:10 pm »

First of all thanks to Bunkerbarge for putting these pictures on Mayhem for  me. Before working on a section of the model  i have to go on the web find the pictures I need then print them. The kit part is then modified I will put more pictures on Mayhem in a couple of weeks when more of the stern section will be complete.

Stan Reffin

Kirklees Model Boat Club :-)) :-)) :-))

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »

Nice work Stan,

You certainly set the standards !

longshanks

comp99man

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 10:51:50 am »

Hi Stan

Thanks for supplying the photographs showing the much needed modifications to make the supplied "semi-scale" kit into a masterpiece!

Keep up the good work.

Mike

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 09:55:49 am »

An update from Stan who apologises for not doing much this week!!  He's done more than me!

Anyway progress has been made to the main float and it's supporting brackets which is now waiting for a new crane to accompany it.  Handrails have progressed with details in evidence of the hull bolts and the bottom rails.  The two stern transom platforms are completed and waiting for more handrails to go around them.

Enjoy!

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 07:17:31 pm »

Hi Guy's. Update on the build.  Not much done this week I am working on adding further detail to the  rear stern roller and both small cranes and also the hatch that fits between the two winches. Hope to have some more pictures on by the end of next week.

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 09:33:30 am »

HI Guy's  Update on the build. Not a  lot done this last 2 weeks due to club events taking a great deal of my time. Started work again yesterday hope to have some pictures for you later in the month.

Stan :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 11:11:59 am »

In no way detracting from Stans excellent build, but what did we do before the advent of "Plastruct" and "Plasticard" for detail fabrication? I remember cutting up "National" milk cans and making strips to fabricate the boat derrick on the Smeed RTTL. Solder, acidic flux and burned fingies. Creating "T" girder for mast top from two "Angle irons" from same source was fun too.

Just different problems now, not to glue oneself to the part or the bench {-)

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 09:51:25 pm »

A further update from Stan on the upgrade of Robbe Schultze kit.

Claims he has not had much time  ok2

" Duck boards been made for bridge section. Brackets made for horse shoe lifejackets from brass. rebuilding of main cabin from plastic card vac form thrown in the bin. "

Up to your usual standards Stan  :-))

tugboyben

• Kirkleesmodelboatclub
  • Full Mayhemer
  • HIGHNOON TUG BOAT
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 06:14:46 pm »

Stan ask me to post a few picture's of is schultze now he as started the paint work

Look's good as allway's Stan

tugboyben

• Kirkleesmodelboatclub
  • Full Mayhemer
  • HIGHNOON TUG BOAT
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 06:17:54 pm »

few more :-))

tugboyben

• Kirkleesmodelboatclub
  • Full Mayhemer
  • HIGHNOON TUG BOAT
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 06:19:36 pm »

More  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 01:51:18 am »

Looking superb Stan - a real credit to you  :-))  (think you've done this sort of thing before! {-) {-) )
                      Regards, Tony.

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 07:22:57 pm »

Blinkin superb detailing....Stan the man  ok2

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 09:47:23 pm »

More like museum standards, great work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 23 queries.