Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sheerline akula  (Read 4554 times)

jester

sheerline akula
« on: January 31, 2007, 11:19:42 am »

hi all would like some links to building this model i have instructions etc but its nice to see it been build as it were many thanks

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
Re: sheerline akula
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 02:54:55 am »

You cant go wrong with that kit :) I think this http://www.marinerc.net/submarines/akula/akula.htm is the only online build there is. I built one myself and its prety straight forward if you have built any sort of RC watercraft before. Spending time detailing and weathering it, improves its appearance.

jester

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 04:41:12 pm »

thanks for reply already got this site but thanks its just the instructions say drill holes in upper hull it does not say were or how big ???was looking for pics so i could compare

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 08:27:42 pm »

Hows this

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 08:53:45 pm »

I cut out many of the long vents and square upper vents ,all helps the boat dive, this model sails really well, regards Pete

jester

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 11:07:20 pm »

thank you all for your help with this also while on the subject you you surgest putting the rx in the front or back tube i thought front because it may get interferance off the motor also do i drill a hole in one of the end caps for the antenna wire or just wrap it up insuide ??????cheers

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 12:52:26 am »

Keep the rx as far away from the motor and esc as possible. I have always kept my aerial inside the WTC but I know of others who bring it out.

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 11:41:40 am »

My RX is in the front, again away from the ESC

jester

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 12:32:36 am »

hi thanks for all the help but just got one one question ive fitted the front dive plane servo but the linkage that comes though the front tube is nowere near the servo its about 2 inches higher than it should be any ideas ?????

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 07:58:04 pm »

hi thanks for all the help but just got one one question ive fitted the front dive plane servo but the linkage that comes though the front tube is nowere near the servo its about 2 inches higher than it should be any ideas ?????

If you cant remount the servo, you can bend the pushrod to fit.

jester

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 09:30:30 pm »

thanks for all the info just 1 last question just built the wtc alls ok but it will not pump water into tank or it does very slowly and not a large amount also it will not discharge the water any ideas many many thanks

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 12:27:06 pm »

Hi, it seems that you may not have taken enough off the edges of the servo cam on the dive switch, not the cam face edge, or you could remove the cam and move it a couple of splines either way, sure fire way to test the valve and servo out of the boat ,is to move the cam into the closed position disconnect the hose from the water pump and suck on the tube , there should be a vacuum if not ,air is escapeing which means the heel of the cam is not compressing the tube which means another cam , or it could be it needs a servo with a bearing to stop any float, but rotating the cam from neutral (closed) to open allow the air/water to pass through, again if theres not enough clearance, this wiil restrict the air/water in and out of the ballast tank......phew....hope that wasnt to long winded, regards Pete

jester

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 11:24:11 pm »

hi thanks for reply this is what i did before i fitted it to the sub was in open post i could blow through the pump and it came thought no probs to the tube that fits toi the tank then in closed post i cant blow thought it at all then in blow i couls blow from tube end to pump end no probs i think thats the way it should work ??? also do you need to use a mixer for rudder and rear dive planes so it turns in a realistic way or will it turn just on rudder ??? cheers peter

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 11:12:21 am »

Mine , used rudder and rear planes on seperate channels,  the boat runs fine on this set up , hope you get  it running, regards Pete

jester

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 12:18:46 pm »

hi thanks for that info i have mine set up as sep channels as for the pump in the wtc how much water approx? does it pump in mine only seem to be about 1/2 a pint should it be more and should it static dive quickly or does it take a bit of time again many many thanks peter

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 08:02:59 pm »

Hi, the ballast tank will only hold about half a pint, the rest is air, this is compressed when the pump is run, the pump is 12 volt the battery is 6v so the pump runs slower but it does dive the boat and is more controlled,hope this helps ,regards Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.