Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you famous?  (Read 6162 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Are you famous?
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 12:13:24 pm »

I was mentioned in Model Boats Magzine a few months ago - said I'd won a prize, it was to be a book  -------------------  still waiting.

Regrettably, somebody at MyHobbyStore has made an error in posting some sample competition results on the Model Boats Website and used the wrong names.

All winners in the Model Boats Website competitions have their names posted in the Forum section and are also individually notified by me. Apologies to Tony for the error and I have sent him a PM accordingly.

Heads will roll tomorrow.  :police: <*<

Colin

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 02:25:33 pm »

Boo Hoooo!! <:( <:( <:(

Thank you very much Colin for your helpfulness on my behalf, cheers!

The post wasn't a knock by the way - just wanted to be famous  {-)

Regards, Tony.

regiment

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 05:51:09 pm »

i took a photo of the foam on perranporth beach in cornwall went iinto local papers and nations got paid well for i.t found my sister through the sun newspaper  after 60 years she saw the photo and the apex photo organization paid all expense's to meet in crawley  do not know if that is famous or fate

regiment

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 06:02:22 pm »

photo of foam

elvis

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, 06:45:04 pm »

hi all.
i had a model batmobile i built from scratch 1/6 scale in a car museum in keswick, its now in a private film museum in ireland.
been in the papers and tv 9 or 10 times after we had the river flood our house in 2005. the tv crew just wanted me to keep filling my guitars up with water and tip them back out while they filmed it after the flood. >>:-(
all the best
elvis

Tankerman

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 02:19:20 pm »

I have had articles published in "Marine Modelling International", "Model Boats" and "Model Shipwright" as well as "Railway Modeller

colin-d

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 02:20:47 pm »

i am not to sure if i am famous or not...!!

you would probably have to ask Bowwave, wether he published the photo he took a couple of years back at the Intermodellbau, Dortmund, me standing there holding my Lis Terkol.

other than that, i have written quite a few reviews, and regatta reports for the German magazines, and they have all been published.

i have stood on the podium either in first, second or third place, on Area scale champs, German scale champs, and World scale champs.

I'll leave it to you chaps to decide..  ;)

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 03:57:06 pm »

what is fame ?

i have been on 13 episodes of a BBC maths educational programme....

i once set the contestants a challange on the 'generation game' and i had to come back and do some marking !!!

i was featured in the supermodels and supermodels II series on discovery channel...

i have met and spoken to prince philip......

i have been featured in the sun newspaper and on the BBC daily website

but best of all i have met mayhemmers at wicksteed and warwick, i have supped cups of coffee with martin and i have seen steamboat phils elusive £20 note.....not that is the big time !
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

Wasyl

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 04:10:25 pm »

When I was 15,I was out with my pals collecting gulls eggs on the Cliffs between Auchmithie and Arbroath,and I got stuck,approx 100ft up a cliff,I was rescued by the Coastguard,got my picture taken by the local news reporter,ended up on the centre pages of our local paper,under the headline,"Boy clings to crumbling cliff"..then got barred from our local pub,cause the landlord read the same paper,and clocked my age,

Wullie

octo

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 04:42:30 pm »

I was on "Bullseye" twenty plus years ago,does that count?. Also had some drawings
in 009 Society Magazine. Tony

wbeedie

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 04:55:58 pm »

Haha Wullie nae luck, the same happened to a crewman with me when it was reported that the boat had sunk it reported his age 17 I think got barred from the pubs in Fraserburgh and local area ,he had to go to Peterhead

Patternmaker

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 06:35:02 pm »

Been on tele, BBC 1 ITV Meridian interviews 1953 floods, photos in most national papers, of me in my Dingy, Guard of honour, the Mall Queens Coronation 2nd June 1953, didn't  see the precession had to face the crowds with one up spout, was inspected by the Duke of Edinburgh asked me were I was from. My steam Launch Miranda featured in Model Boats Nov 2007.

Not famous just glad to be here

towboatjoe

• Full Mayhemer
  • Rollin' on the River
    • Towboat Joe
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 11:55:52 pm »

I did four build articles for U S Boat and Ship Modeler magazine back in the mid-eighties.
I've had photos of me and my models in at least six newspapers.

I'm also well known in the music business as well. I have performed in 35 of the 50 United States.

pugwash

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 04:32:40 am »

No I'm not famous but I did manage to get my photo in the Scottish Daily Record when as a stupid new recruit
in Glasgow City Police I went into the River Clyde in the middle of winter in an unsuccessful attempt to rescue a woman
who I later found out had jumped into the river.  Spent the next three weeks on the sick after having my stomach pumped
- the river was very polluted in those days.
I also managed to get photo and article in the News of the World when a story about me learning Russian whilst working
in a NATO Coding office got completely out of hand and the press got hold of the wrong end of the stick.  The story they
printed got me in a heap of trouble when I came back off my honeymoon. Ended up in front of the Admiral.
Bl**** press.
Geoff
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.