Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Three motors to one channel  (Read 1786 times)

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
Three motors to one channel
« on: October 06, 2010, 06:02:14 pm »

I have one question that troubles me.
 On my boat I have three motors graupner 700 BB turbo and I would like to control them with one channel only.
Since I don't have one controller that is powerful enough I would like to control them with three controllers. I haven't try boat on water to see how hungry motors are with propellers that I have. Controllers are Hitec EZX-R pro and Profi V80R from Graupner (60A).
Controllers are with BEC and I thought to connect only one controller to receiver with all three wires :+,- an signal, but other two controllers with signal only.
I tried and it works. What would happen if I connect all wires to receiver as with servos (Y wire or split wire -I don't know correct term in English).
 Is it possible to burn something. Receiver maybe? Any ideas?

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Three motors to one channel
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 06:04:13 pm »

Nope that will work fine.

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:44:29 pm »

Thanks for fast reply. I wasn't sure so I said it is better(safer) to ask.

triumphjon

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 09:04:52 pm »

im running a twin set up & was advised by the esc maker to disable at least one of the red wires from the esc to the rx . what ive now done is to disable the red wire from my "y" lead plug where it plugs into the rx , i now use a separate rx pack thats 4.8 volts . what the supplier advised was that if both the esc s were feeding the rx then it would receive DOUBLE  the needed voltage & possibly fry the rx !

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:58:46 am »

what the supplier advised was that if both the esc s were feeding the rx then it would receive DOUBLE  the needed voltage & possibly fry the rx !
Obviously a guy who knows how to sell things but totally clueless as to how things work, even though just having the one supply to the RX is known to be a good idea.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 02:06:58 pm »

I was thinking if everything would function properly. Controllers are connected to same power source, receiver gets power via ESC in one of the controllers, and only signals are connected from one channel in receiver to controllers. And that's it. But if I connect all wires from one channel to all controllers receiver  should get normal Voltage from all ESC in controllers. And nothing should happen because controllers are connected in parallel to the same source. I wasn't sure so I asked. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.