Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOME MADE SMOKE GENERATOR.  (Read 5906 times)

rathikrishna

HOME MADE SMOKE GENERATOR.
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:24:49 am »

Good morning friends..here i am posting a simple idea to make a smoke generator to any craft that can be made at home with handy things.so dont make fun on me..it will work nicely..and you can save a lots of money with it..my first purchase of a smoke generator, was from a reputed company from Japan.it was in 1996, as i decided to make a paddeler with steam.for that i spend around 300 dollars. but after two weeks of service it stoped working...so i turned to my own idea...still it working well..for hours...in many manner...means continious..trailing..pumping...
  So we need some handy things to make a smoke generator.

rathikrishna

Re: HOME MADE SMOKE GENERATOR.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:27:26 am »

to make a smoke generator first we must think a place for it on our crafts...we must cut a hole within funnel's inner diameter, must go down within the super structure..then place two or four aluminium lugs just under the top of the super structure to hold further aluminium tubes.

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:32:15 am »

so in to project...first of all you must finish the funnel/ chimmeny , so you will get real idea of it's size.then take a aluminium perforated sheet , thin, in to .4 mm enough, and make round by wrapping it over an apropriate tube, that must be very thin, and must stand within all outer tubes. its height must be according to the craft. then cut an aluminum sheet within the same height, and make it in to second tube. this tube must cover the first perforated tube.after that we must block the bottom of the first perforated tube with same piece of perforated sheet in to size and shape..

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 09:34:58 am »

now its ready..the easiest way to get smoke from this arrangement is..place a insence stick within the tube length..and light it...then place it over the aluminium lugs we placed over the super structure..then place the first outer tube, then funnel...an average insence stic will burn around an hour, so with two of them we can get enough smoke..

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 09:40:23 am »

Another easy and more effective method is below..
Took some dry leaves..we must grind it with a small grider to a small particles..
Or for more easy we can use SAW DUST from an HARD WOOD sawing..haed wood saw dust will burn for more time and it can gives us a good amount of smoke...the saw dust must be dry.  now fill the innermost tube with sawdust, up to its half.then light it..and place it under funnel..to get thik black smoke, we can sprinkle a little engine oil, to the saw dust, graded at 20W40,or can use edible oil.with this we can get thick black smoke..

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 09:46:25 am »

make sure an air passage under the super structure for a good supply of air to burn the saw dust. you can make a violent smoke by fixing a amall fan scraped from an old unused PC GRAPIX CARD just under the funnel assy.or can make a pumping action with a cam attached to a toy gear box, one operates a lid just above the fan...so we will get a pumping smoke for a steam craft..JOOK...JOOK.....a train sound generator, made out of popular IC 555 will add a dramatic effect to our craft....it will drop only within 100 Ma in 3 volts...an SL 100 transistor will boost the volume to high level with a 3 inch speaker...all smoke with engine sound...OYE..OYE...it must be a great craft...i will post the video of my paddeller here soon..finished with this smoke generator and engine sound....have a nice craft..

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 10:43:40 am »

Brilliant!

I love the idea of using incense sticks. Can't wait to see the video. Have you thought of using coal dust? It might add even more realism.

Perhaps your next model will be a fire tender!

Mike

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 02:56:55 am »

Here is something you might try using the heating element, Nichrome, from
an old hair dryer, fiberglass wick, and I believe mineral oil.

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25024

:-)

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 09:00:08 am »

Hai UMI, thanks for the idea..i was using such a configuration, but my option will not need a battery pack so can reduce weight of the craft..thanks once again..

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 09:03:24 am »

but i was using the resistor wires in my model trains, as i need more weight on my rail based craft, as to avoid DERAILING at running.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.