Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TOY R/C feel inferior...?  (Read 2926 times)

rathikrishna

TOY R/C feel inferior...?
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:52:38 am »

Friends..i have some good toy r/c systems with me...now i am using it on my crafts.is it any restriction to use a toy R/C on a hobby crafts...?..both the toy and professional systems are working in a same way and same principle..will any one advice me..all my crafts are working well..

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: TOY R/C feel inferior...?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 04:39:38 am »

Most toy systems are OK if the range you sail is less than 50m, some systems a little more, others less. Most are in the 27MHz range.

BUT, if a hobby grade RC transmitter is used nearby it will swamp the signal from the toy grade system, and you will lose control of your boat.

Also, because the toy radio has a very broad spectrum in the 27MHz range, most other toy systems will interfere with you if close by.

Have a look here http://radiocontrol.wikia.com/wiki/27_MHz
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

hmsantrim

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 06:23:08 am »

Hi rathi.
            I dont think we could answer that question as each country has different rules for use of radio equipment.

In the UK and Europe 27Mhz, 40Mhz, and the new 2.4gig are for surface use...boats, cars..etc
                   35Mhz is for aircraft & helicopters.

In America its 72Mhz for aircraft and 75Mhz for boats and cars.

There is no legal reason to prevent you using radio equipment salvaged from a toy to operate your model boat.
               you would have to google something like wireless telegraphy regulations for your own country and see if there there are any
                set frequencies for model use.    basically you don`t want to have your model operating on a frequency which may be
                    in use by some other user and it causes interference to your models function.   

I have put 2 links on  so you can see how it works here.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/43691690/UK-RADIO-CONTROL-TECHNICAL-INFORMATION

http://hoylakemodelboatclub.com/OFCOMINFORMATION.aspx

cheers Frank

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 08:57:44 am »

good after noon..and million thanks for the details..i asked this question, because i got some RC controlled helicopters from a scrapyard.as my curiosity, i dismantelled all units once. all those systems was based on RX TX 2D integrated chips, driven by an RF amplifier based on 5609 general purpose transistors.in my experience it worked even after 400 meters.two of them was based at 27.145 MHz, while the other are based at 35.453, and 29.672 respectively. none of them was interfering each other. all systems was based on 12 volts, and receivers at 7.2 volts. i will check all needed specs from the source.thanks for the links . thanks once more.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 11:16:13 am »

They are not interfering as they are all in different frequency ranges.

Issues occur if, for example, the toys are all 27MHz.

I am no expert, but those frequencies you quoted look like very narrow frequency bands and may actually be hobby grade.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge can advise.

To me the big issue is the 35.453 MHz. The 35 MHz range is reserved for air use in most countries. The danger being that if you use your boat when someone is else is flying a model, the model could go out of control and hit a person
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 11:48:09 am »

Most toy systems are built down to a price to allow optimistic claims of control.  Phrases like "Full Function" are used, which translates in the real world to "It will go backwards and forwards, and left and right", but in each case its usually all or nothing, rather that proportional.  Quite often the signal system used is unique to that manufacturer because they thought of a cheaper way of doing things that doesn't work with anybody else's system, and they are very definitely not intended for modification.
Having said all that, if the parts do what you want them to do, and don't interfere with anybody else where you are going to use them, they are good to use.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

hmsantrim

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 10:25:55 pm »

Hi rathi.
            here is the link for a radio control model forum in India.  It appears that many people are asking about frequencies that can be
              used.  You may find a more satisfactory answer there.

http://www.rcindia.org/rc-general-topics/what-frequencies-are-allowed-in-india/         

http://www.indiarc.com/beginners.htm

cheers Frank

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 10:41:12 am »

OH god..thanks for the information...and links..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.