Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: blackpool show  (Read 11471 times)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: blackpool show
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 03:58:41 pm »

I was very dismayed to learn the procceds from the bring and buy were not being donated to the RNLI as was advertised
Due to a late emergency, compounded with a relatively minor misunderstanding, Mark was left thinking that we as club would be unable to run the B&B, and laid out cash to make sure that an alternative was in place using volunteers who preferred a different way of working.  As it happened, this was unnecessary, but by the time we both found out each others' situation, it was too late.  Mark did promise to send the RNLI a cheque to compensate for our lack of donation of what would have been our 10% commission.  A pity to break a continuous effort of club members giving freely of their time at every show since 1997, when we started, but these things happen.
Malcolm Frary
Chairman, BFMBC
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 04:30:23 pm »

Hi Tony or TT1. Did you manage to work out how to wire up Action units after our long conversation on Saturday. I must agree that  the lighting in this hall needs to improve.

Stan

brianc

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 05:03:17 pm »

Due to a late emergency, compounded with a relatively minor misunderstanding, Mark was left thinking that we as club would be unable to run the B&B, and laid out cash to make sure that an alternative was in place using volunteers who preferred a different way of working.  As it happened, this was unnecessary, but by the time we both found out each others' situation, it was too late.  Mark did promise to send the RNLI a cheque to compensate for our lack of donation of what would have been our 10% commission.  A pity to break a continuous effort of club members giving freely of their time at every show since 1997, when we started, but these things happen.
Malcolm Frary
Chairman, BFMBC
Sorry for the misunderstanding Malcolm,glad to see the RNLI getting a donation anyway, a big well done to all involved :-))

Wasyl

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 06:44:51 pm »

Nope you are quite right Tony, dark, you could be around it within an hour, and the bring and buy was charging totally rip off prices for selling your boat. \not to mention the price of the tea at the tea bar! Roll on the March modellers at Ellesmere Port.
Do you mean to say,that had i brought my boats down for sale,i,d have to pay someone else just for the privilage,
Christ! I could have done what i saw being done a couple of years ago,boats being sold from the back of a van in the car park,

Wullie
mind you,it does happen up here,a £5 flat fee if you,re selling anything,....not per item,...£5 and thats it,

Dreadstar

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 06:54:16 pm »

A few photo's from the show.

The long Build

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2010, 07:47:41 pm »

Any idea who's the Maersk Line boat is , Is it a kit ?

ps No 6 Were you trying to talk on Martin and Mark with your shirt !!  :}

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2010, 08:11:08 pm »

Ha, ha, ha, you can't outdo Martin or Mark on the shirt front.  {-)  The Maersk Line ship is mine of course, the cap gives it away. She's a Graupner Sydney Star with a few modifications, named after my better half DoubleDiamond. Going to start my 8ft container ship soon, doing her on 1/96 scale I think. Hopefully she'll be ready for Wicksteed next year as long as I don't bust leg again.  :embarrassed:  Should look good on the water so long as she'll fit in the car! Will start a build thread on her so keep watching, Warwick next, see you soon, Dave... :-))

LarryW

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 08:34:27 pm »

hi there back in bristol now , i enjoyed the show what i could see of it , stillcrap lighting , had chat with the hull lads .nice to faces to web pages ,
 nice see my favorate mag there mmi but where is the mob ? model boats catch up dont disapoint your readers/.......
i wiill check out warwick this year , and see what this has to offer ,....... but a good range of models and first building  .
 a fair assrembly trade stands some more helpfull than others..as new modeler found mobile marine models . most helpfull .
 will deal with them again .. :-)) :-)...... bye for now larry...

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 08:46:32 pm »

How does the Warwick show compare with Blackpool and Warrington?
Bigger? same traders?

The long Build

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 09:14:33 pm »

Ha, ha, ha, you can't outdo Martin or Mark on the shirt front.  {-)  The Maersk Line ship is mine of course, the cap gives it away. She's a Graupner Sydney Star with a few modifications, named after my better half DoubleDiamond. Going to start my 8ft container ship soon, doing her on 1/96 scale I think. Hopefully she'll be ready for Wicksteed next year as long as I don't bust leg again.  :embarrassed:  Should look good on the water so long as she'll fit in the car! Will start a build thread on her so keep watching, Warwick next, see you soon, Dave... :-))

Thought as much but thought you might have put your cap there to pretend it was yours   {-) {-)

stoney

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2010, 10:17:15 pm »

Enjoyed the show , some very nice models , got a few bits n bobs to keep me out of mischeif for a few weeks, lighting was very poor. Do any mayhemers know what

sound system was in the Seven class lifeboat ?

stoney

Bowwave

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2010, 11:09:50 am »

hi there back in bristol now , i enjoyed the show what i could see of it , stillcrap lighting , had chat with the hull lads .nice to faces to web pages ,
 nice see my favorate mag there mmi but where is the mob ? model boats catch up dont disapoint your readers/.......
i wiill check out warwick this year , and see what this has to offer ,....... but a good range of models and first building  .
 a fair assrembly trade stands some more helpfull than others..as new modeler found mobile marine models . most helpfull .
 will deal with them again .. :-)) :-)...... bye for now larry...
I do know "Model Boats magazine  was there  .
Bowwave    :-))

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2010, 12:38:26 pm »

Enjoyed the show , some very nice models , got a few bits n bobs to keep me out of mischeif for a few weeks, lighting was very poor. Do any mayhemers know what

sound system was in the Seven class lifeboat ?

stoney

Yes the Severn Belongs to a good friend and has a JJC sound system installed. The main Reason it sounds so good is the way the speaker is installed. you can see more of it on our website. www.lifeboatmodels.co.uk

Regards

John

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2010, 07:16:14 pm »

I do know "Model Boats magazine  was there  .
Bowwave    :-))

Dave Wooley from Model Boats magazine was out and about taking photos over the weekend. Dave.  :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.