Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: blackpool show  (Read 11465 times)

sailorboy61

Re: blackpool show
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 06:40:06 pm »

Me and Number 6 (Dave) are going up tomorrow and staying till Sunday at the Norbreck.  He'll be the one shoving his purchases up his jumper and trying to smuggle them past me!!!!!!

Good job he wasn't shoving them down the front of those shorts he had on...would never have stayed hidden  %% !

sailorboy61

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 06:41:39 pm »

I'll be round by the pool at some point with my sydney star in maersk colours or my new pusher when I've spent all my pocket money! Dave

You can't have had much pocket money Dave, you were pretty sharpish at the pool! The Star looked good though... wish the real ones were as easy to drive!!

firedup

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2010, 07:19:25 pm »

Pictures

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 07:38:39 pm »

Should have come and said hi. Will check out photos when I get home,can't do it on my mobile. Will be down again tomorrow now have charged my batteries. My springer is on Models By Design stand at the moment,dd has told them to put a for sale sign on it! :) Dave

garston1

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 07:42:10 pm »

saw you today Dave with your number 6 on your hat!

sailorboy61

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 08:18:54 pm »

Enjoyed the show.... little disappointed how few models on display, but as I mostly shopping, was good to see so many Traders, and indeed a chance to put some faces to the names we see here so often.

A few pics, but the lighting in the hall wasn't that great, and I must have had something set wrong on my camera....not the best by a long way!

The long Build

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 08:29:25 pm »

Regarding the lighting , It always appears well lit but for some reason My camera just hates it, and struggles to get a good picture.

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 09:02:54 pm »

Hello,

Arrived about 11am, left at 2,30 pm, wore my Badge all the time, didn't see any other Mayhemers, if they were there - - no Badges.
 Met and spoke to lots of folk I had not seen for years, which was very nice.

Took no photos, nothing seemed to grab my attention.
The lighting in the Hall was very poor.
Bought lots of little bits which I needed, the Tool stalls were very good - - prices too !.

The Show for me seemed a bit Third Rate, nothing SPECIAL about it, thats why I left early.

John.  {:-{
My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

brianc

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2010, 09:49:28 pm »

The lighting in the hall is always tricky at Blackpool,time to take the camera off auto and start using it manually :-))

sailorboy61

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2010, 09:54:22 pm »

Auto????..what's that   :o     {:-{

tugboyben

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 07:37:22 am »

hi all
when yesterday had a good day got a few pitures great for the bits & bobs  :-))

jason

firedup

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 09:34:08 am »

Looks like the Chilean miners had more light I'll be watching for the dark glasses that the Modelboat Mayhem crowd will be wearing. %% %%

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 06:10:56 pm »

Back home now in the village, nice to meet some fellow Mayhemers over the weekend. Made plenty of use out of the sailing pool while there, and have a box full of new bits and bobs! Good weekend had by all I think, seemed not as many club stands this year? It's a good show to visit and now the season's nearly over a chance to get supplies for those winter projects, nice weather too both days. Thanks to all the show organisers and staff at the Norbreck, will look forward to next year. Who's off to Warwick next month?? Dave.  :-)) :-))

stuartm

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2010, 06:56:13 pm »

I went along today for the first time, I've only come to marine modelling this year. (16mm garden rail is my usual haunt). Thourougly enjoyed the experience there are some magnificent models out there. Even my good lady enjoyed the experience.
The stalls were well layed out, enjoyed a couple of brews at the pool side watching a variety models.
Bought a SLA 12v battery and charger at a very reasonable price, and a few white metal catings (one or two of which are likely to end up on a loco).
Great day out, i'm inspired to complete my working canal boat and prepare to build a 'Brown Water Navy' river patrol boat from the free plans over the coming winter.
By the way I was the grey haired bloke with glasses and a bit of a belly :}

garston1

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2010, 10:23:04 pm »

Mmmmm? Grey haired bloke with glasses and a bit of a beer belly? Well that takes care of about 90% of visitors! ok2

Dreadstar

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 12:06:58 am »

It was nice to meet and your better half today Dave.That container ship of yours is nicely done,I wish I could paint that well,Longbuild was there too,but I didn't know any other Mayhemer's though.

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 12:40:42 am »

The lighting in the hall is always tricky at Blackpool,time to take the camera off auto and start using it manually :-))
        wasn't this a different hall and venue from last year? - have to agree with others, lighting was a bit depressive to say the least irrelevant of camera settings. Some traders on Sunday were actually offering MAGNIFYERS to purchasers of small scale parts!! A number of friends to whom I had suggested the show may be well worth a visit, felt they had travelled a long way for not a notable show.  :embarrassed:
         Meeting and chatting with modellers and traders was the main enjoyment for me, but had this been my first show don't think I would have been impressed - but, just my opinion. 
Really looking forward to Warwick now though!  :-))

Regards,Tony.

garston1

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 12:48:45 am »

Nope you are quite right Tony, dark, you could be around it within an hour, and the bring and buy was charging totally rip off prices for selling your boat. \not to mention the price of the tea at the tea bar! Roll on the March modellers at Ellesmere Port.

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 12:55:05 am »

I felt the show was poor when you look at last years show {:-{

Has something changed since last year?

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 07:23:44 am »

Not as many club stands this year I think, so less to look at really. I still enjoyed the weekend though, going up there for a couple of days is a break from the norm. Perhaps long way to come for a day for some of us Mayhemers. Town centre/Tower is only a £1.50 tram ride away (or drive and try to park and pay more for it) from the Norbreck. I wish my own club Potteries MBC would attend more shows, can't understand why they don't really, we've got plenty of members.  {:-{ See you at Warwick...Dave.

garston1

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 02:07:04 pm »

I was the one with the cap full of badges by the way, beard, glasses, grey top. spent a lot of time sitting behind tonys shipfinder generals' stand

Bowwave

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 02:56:52 pm »

Yes the lighting was challenging  ditch the Auto and  go manual.
Good show  and thanks to all the organizers for making  it possible.
Impressive club stands and plenty of traders 
Model Shipwrights stand ,

Blackpool and Fylde MBC stand

Bowwave  :-))

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 03:15:03 pm »

In Bowwaves' 2nd picture above, "Duke of York", got the "Friends of Fairhaven Lake" trophy.  This was donated to BFMBC for services rendered last year, and was won by Ray Scrivens for his display cased "Ictineo II".  Ray got to pick according to the format "Which boat on the club stand would I like to take home?", and liked DoY.
His "Royal Yacht Britannia" (above and behind it) got best semi-scratch naval ship.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

sailorboy61

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 03:17:03 pm »

Agree, RY Britannia was certainly an impressive looking build...lots of nice detail in there.

brianc

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2010, 03:23:35 pm »

I`ve made the trip south with my son and a good few local club members to the Blackpool show for a number of years now and have enjoyed every minute of our trips down.
This year however, I felt there was something missing.
Meeting up with the friends I have made over the years is always great, but I`m afraid the show was a bit of a let down and I was very dismayed to learn the procceds from the bring and buy were not being donated to the RNLI as was advertised.
Its a long way to travel to the show and with fuel costs rising all the time,I just don`t think the outlay required to attend is worth it anymore.
I think I`ll be giving it a bit of thought before I decide to attend next years show.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.