Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: free sat tv  (Read 1684 times)

regiment

free sat tv
« on: October 15, 2010, 01:17:05 pm »

right you brainy lot problem with my freesat.. dish etc was put in by my council tv in lounge ok sony flat 32 the one in bedroom jvc 28 not flat is playing up started a few days a go picture blocking on SOME of the channels checked wireing ok.. so changed free sat box  and tuned in  still the same  HELP :(( :((

pugwash

Re: free sat tv
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 01:35:05 pm »

Have you been into the menu screen and checked your signal strength - that would be my first thought - might indicate if
your dish has moved slightly -  I can't remember quite what my installer said but I think he was looking for about 80% or more
signal strength on his digital box of tricks but your on screen menu should give you a fair idea.
Geoff

regiment

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 04:36:21 pm »

thanks for replying as i said signal ok ? get some of the channels but not all  will just have to fiddle a bit more

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 05:01:31 pm »

Do you have a separate feed from the LNB (The bit in front of the dish) to each freesat box or is it just one lead to the lounge box and looped through to the bedroom?
If they are separate then check the lead and connections to the bedroom box. You only need one stray strand of the braiding to short and attenuate the signal.
If you just have the one lead down from the dish then the second box is going to suffer a bit. Either get a second lead if the LNB has a twin or quad feed
or, if not you may need some sort of satellite signal distribution amplifier.
The dish alignment should be ok as the lounge reception is spot on.
Check and double check all the connections.

Yours aye

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

regiment

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 06:55:45 pm »

hello netleynet the council put the dish up ]there is an amp  in  roof  and a twin   free stat box in lounge  one lead for the first tv the other for no 2 tv  no 1 tv ok no 2 tv  bbc channel blocking plus 5 or 6 more cannot understand why some channels ok will check all leads  bit by bit tommow thanks for help

Big Ada

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 03:44:12 pm »

The weather man on tv said due to atmospherics we could expect tv signal probs around about now.

Len.

regiment

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 06:55:27 pm »

yes i read that but this has been happening for over four weeks was going to check all wireing today but visitors arrived will now check tomorrow  thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.