Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Bank scam,but its legal,  (Read 1679 times)

Wasyl

Another Bank scam,but its legal,
« on: October 16, 2010, 12:41:31 pm »

Hi guys,i went to Lloyds TSB to transfer money to an HSBC bank account,...they told me that i,d have to pay a fee,of £30, when i quieried ths they said it was because HSBC was seen to be a private bank,...needless to say,I did not transfer the money,and as the nearest HSBC branch to me is 75 miles away, I,ll have to think of another way of transferring the money,...I don,t have a cheque book,....Mrs Wullie does,nt trust me, {-)

Wullie

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Another Bank scam,but its legal,
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 01:05:00 pm »

And HSBC do likewise.

Regards Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

The long Build

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 01:06:06 pm »

Lloyds TSB have no idea what they are talking about. I find them to be useless.. half the time We have to tell them how to get us the information we need when we phone them up at work.   %%

For them to try to charge 30 sounds like they were trying to send it by Chaps which is same day , However they should have offered you Bacs at 3 days or FPS which again is normally with in 2 hrs and should only have cost a couple of pounds if that.

Do yo have online banking as most transfers are free , or they are on my account.

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 05:05:21 pm »

Or you could send a postal order?
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Boz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 08:12:13 am »

Having returned from living overseas for a long time, I find banks in the UK to be very inflexible (unless it is to suit themselves).

For some years it has been a trend for banks to discourage teller services, and push people toward on-line servies. This is cheaper for the banks as they can reduce the number of premises and staff. The fees are attempts to change people's behaviour, so it follows there are normally ways to avoid them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.