Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheerline Type II U-Boat  (Read 3279 times)

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
Sheerline Type II U-Boat
« on: April 01, 2007, 08:05:38 pm »

I have finally started work on the u-boat and I have begun cutting the slots in the deck.  Chris recommends talcum powder or chalk to bring up the deck detail and this works very well.  I also found that making a series of indentations along the deck slot stops the drill bit slipping when you finally drill through the fibre glass. 

I have cut 12 slots so far but care is needed for a good job.  I have posted a few pics and will add more as the build goes on.

Pete

ajg141

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sheerline Type II U-Boat
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 10:19:05 pm »

Have fun cutting all those slots Pete! And I thought the all those square holes on the TYphoon was hard work. They drove me demented and I'm still not sure I got them all square. I rather liked Mankster's solution for the Typhoon to fit wire mesh over the top as that would have a multitude of errors in my case.  Just keep the gloves and mask on or you'll itch for months. I look forward to following the rest of the build.

Andrew

Mike_K

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 12:53:48 pm »

Wow. lots of work ahead of you but it will be worth it.  Where can I find more information on this model?   I've done searches both here and on google and come up flat.  Any suggestions or web site links?
Regards,
Mike

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 04:29:16 pm »

Hi Mike, speak to chris at  Sheerline models he often posts as Sheerline, nice bloke, he,ll give as much info as he can, thanks Andy ive got to remember not to scratch under my armpits, also got some ear defenders, that drill makes a row ,regards Pete

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 08:28:29 pm »

Started on the next batch of slots, drill started to blunt,so i gave in, tried my torpedo launcher in the lower tube bow moulding, i have couple of these, i think they were made by Ron Perrot and they work well ,the longest run was about 15 ft, the torpedo  looks about right, Pete

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 08:40:21 pm »

Hello chaps, just spotted the Type2 and noticed it's now on the stocks. I am looking forward to seeing your progress Pete. By the way, I have'nt got your new address and phone number as there are a couple of things here for you I would like to pass your way.
Re your query Mike K, you can get info on this sub from Richard Wood from 'U-Boat UK' in Lincoln. The last e-mail address I had was:   richard.wood14@ntlworld.com and I bougth the book 'VOM ORIGINAL ZUM MODELL: UBOOTTYPII' . It is written by Eberhard Rossler, ISBN No3-7637-6023-7.
It is an excellent book but there is a drawback..... it's all in German, so you have to brush up on your language skills or just look at he pics.
Good Luck Pete, I will be looking in.... any problems, just call.
Regards. Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.