Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cherokee by Dateline Marine  (Read 2317 times)

denboy01

Cherokee by Dateline Marine
« on: February 04, 2007, 02:12:15 pm »

Hi guys, anyone got any info on recommended hardware , motor positioning etc for a dateline Cherokee? Just got a new hull, unused, but didnt get any instructions with it. I'm hoping to run it on 16 - 20 cells

explorer750

Re: Cherokee by Dateline Marine
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:12:14 pm »

I seen a Cherokee Chief 2, in the July 2007 copy of mmi and that ran a Graupner Ultra 1300-6 motor on 20 cells. Included some specs.

Nominal voltage 16 V
Operating voltage range 20 ... 24 V
No-load speed 16000 min–1
Speed at max. efficiency 12800 min–1
Torque at max. efficiency 26 Ncm
Power at max. efficiency 349 W
Current at max. efficiency 27 A
Stall current 220 A
Max. efficiency excl. gearbox 81%
Case length, excl. shaft 72 mm
Diameter 50 mm
Free shaft length 19 mm
Shaft diameter 5 mm
Weight approx. 418 g

GARY C

Re: Cherokee by Dateline Marine
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:58:14 pm »

I run a cherokee chief mk2 in o.m.r.a. z class using a .12 ic engine on a gearbox. I guess with a full tank of fuel, my Cherokee prob will weigh a lot more than running fast elec.
The main problem that the mk2 has is that the nose likes to come up and run on its transom, thus the fitment of trim tabs is a must.
I am also using a stinger drive which is set approx 1mm high at the thrust washer end to the bottom keel line, using a steel rule placed on the keel edge.
Getting the boat to run perfect took a lot of setting up to keep the nose down, but was worth the effort as she won me a 3rd trophy on its first race meeting at the end of last year. See Feb 08 issue of model boats mag. Every body that has a mk2 in o.m.r.a. has had to play with thiers an set up, but when going they do perform very well and also good in the chop.
also a must is the fitment of a turn fin.

Hope this is of some help,  Gary C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.