Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAN Armidale Class Patrol Boat  (Read 7551 times)

Hilux5972

RAN Armidale Class Patrol Boat
« on: October 18, 2010, 08:21:42 pm »

Hi all

I am keen to try & scratchbuild a model of the HMAS Hammersley, as seen in Sea Patrol Season 2 onwards, with the Newer Armidale Class Patrol Boat. Does anyone know of anywhere I can obtain plans to do so? I know that Hammersley is fictional, but thats fine by me. Thanks guys.

Hilux

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: RAN Armidale Class Patrol Boat
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 09:03:57 pm »

Peter Fitness has produced a build thread of his.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

brianB6

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 11:47:05 pm »

Hi there
Alan Pew has 1:72 hull and other parts (a long waiting time since he has apparently a 9 month backlog) also 1:48 plans but not completely accurate, mine are 8 mm. short on the waterline and there are a number of mistakes.   He also has a CD of pictures which are not bad but only of the Armidale that is slightly different to the rest of the fleet.  I think he used the Austral plans that are published to a very small scale on a publicity brochure and must have been drawn before the Armidale was completed.   Austral will not give you any other information.
Plenty of photos on the web if you search under the name of each boat.   The RAN ones are best and at high resolution.
I am thinking of building Launceston (used as Hammersley on TV) at 1:48 in the near future but might alter the underwater lines a bit as there is not much displacement.   They have very fine lines at the front.

brianB6

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 11:54:40 pm »

I forgot the Austral web page:
http://www.austal.com/files/delivery/DS_ArmidaleClassPB.pdf
Allan Pew can be contacted on:-
"allan pew" <apsmods@bigpond.net.au>

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 01:29:47 am »

The link below may be able to asssit.
 :-))
Doesn't mention Armidale class but wouldn't hurt to ask.  O0 O0

http://www.navyhistory.org.au/shopping/ship-plans/

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 02:11:19 am »

As Bob (Shipmate 60) said, I have a build log on the forum here http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=18654.0

Mine was built using the Alan Pew plan enlarged to 1/50 scale, giving a length of about 1100mm. I have found it to be very stable, despite its relatively shallow draught, with a 6v 7.2ah sealed lead acid battery for power and ballast.

Peter.

Ticonderoga

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 04:49:05 am »

As Bob (Shipmate 60) said, I have a build log on the forum here http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=18654.0

Mine was built using the Alan Pew plan enlarged to 1/50 scale, giving a length of about 1100mm. I have found it to be very stable, despite its relatively shallow draught, with a 6v 7.2ah sealed lead acid battery for power and ballast.

Peter.

And a very fine model she is too, I have seen her in the flesh so to speak.

Andrew

sjbatche

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 03:53:48 am »

Hilux 5972

Have you had any luck getting a set of plans for HMAS Hammersley?

If not, send me a PM as I have plans for the Armidale boats in various scales.

Steve

Naps

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 11:46:53 am »

I have been trying to find plans to scratch build the Armidale class patrol boat that the Hammersley is based on, can someone help please. Naps.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »

I have been trying to find plans to scratch build the Armidale class patrol boat that the Hammersley is based on, can someone help please. Naps.
Read Steve's reply, the one before yours.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

brianB6

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 01:38:07 am »

I have some detail plans (general superstructure, Main and foremast) of later versions,   HMAS Launceston etc. that I have drawn up to construct my model from Steves 1:50 plans and fibreglass hull.   Launceston and Ipswich both served as Hammersley in the last TV series.   There are a number of differences in the later boats from Steves and Alan Pews drawings of the Armidale.
I will be doing more details as I need them but I am a very slow worker so it may be some time before they are ready.   (Gun platform, davits, boats?)
Send me a PM
Brian B6
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.