The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Steam

Cheddar Mark II A Steam Control Unit Advice Please?

(1/1)

HandlebarBob:
Hello,
Please can someone give me some guidance for my latest Steam Project?
My project is a 48 inch 1/48th Scale Stern Wheeler Steam Boat.
For the project, I am using a 2 Cylinder 3/8 inch bore Maxwell Hemmins Canton Steam Plant. 
I would like to put an electronic control on the steam boiler and I found a brand new Cheddar Steam control Unit Mark II A. 
Would anyone please be able to tell me how much the Control Unit is worth in Pounds Euros or Dollars so I can make an appropriate offer on it?  Do you know how much it sold for New?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Bob

HS93 (RIP):
they are still available at £113 plus vat at 17.5% so £132 or $209 they are a very nice bit of kit and well worth the money I have a few of themPlus the not available ABC unit's

http://www.stuartmodels.com/accessories.cfm/mainaccess_type/9/the_type/Electronic%20Gas%20Valve

Peter

HandlebarBob:

--- Quote from: HS93 on October 20, 2010, 07:37:52 pm ---they are still available at £113 plus vat at 17.5% so £132 or $209 they are a very nice bit of kit and well worth the money I have a few of themPlus the not available ABC unit's

http://www.stuartmodels.com/accessories.cfm/mainaccess_type/9/the_type/Electronic%20Gas%20Valve

Peter

--- End quote ---

Thank you HS93 for the information.  I very much appreciate it! 
I am not very familar with the ABC units?  Are they superior to the Cheddar?

HS93 (RIP):
they are the next step up made by Cheddar it incorporates a gas valve and a water sensor  plus a tank level indicator, it did not work to well on some plants and the Proteus boiler  got a re design to help it work they where expensive and are not available, but when they are go for silly money I don't use mine very much it is in a tug but I collect Cheddar products , stick to the standard valve that you are buying much better. I use them in preference.if you need any information like instructions for it let me know.

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version