Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe's San Remo  (Read 2541 times)

Nordsee

Robbe's San Remo
« on: October 20, 2010, 08:41:30 pm »

While helping my wife at her Market stall at a local Boot Sale, I saw a dutch guy with big piles of Junk. Always curious (nosy??) I had a look, and the first thing I saw was a Robbe F16 tranny, the boat one with twin Throttle sticks. On 40, he wanted 20 Euros for it, asked if I was interested in the boat that went with it. This turned out to be a very dirty and slightly bent, San Remo. I took the cabin off and saw all the motoer, ESC and prop shaft was there, also the Rx was not for the F16, I rummaged through the pile and found an Attack Tx, with matching Crystals, we haggled and I got them all for 12 Euros. ( About 10 pounds Sterling)
  At home I cleaned her up and fitted batteries and a Drive pack, and lo and behold, it all worked! The motor is a Speed 500 driving a big surface prop thru a reduction gear, it doesn't seem to rev very fast, is that normal? I only have 7.2 Volt power packs. Anyone got any tips for this boat? Glad to hear any comments.

Nordsee

Re: Robbe's San Remo
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:19:56 pm »

Just looked in the For Sale sides and see that it is a F14 Tranny, and I should have bought it!!

Nordsee

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 03:45:29 pm »

While helping my wife at her Market stall at a local Boot Sale, I saw a dutch guy with big piles of Junk. Always curious (nosy??) I had a look, and the first thing I saw was a Robbe F16 tranny, the boat one with twin Throttle sticks. On 40, he wanted 20 Euros for it, asked if I was interested in the boat that went with it. This turned out to be a very dirty and slightly bent, San Remo. I took the cabin off and saw all the motoer, ESC and prop shaft was there, also the Rx was not for the F16, I rummaged through the pile and found an Attack Tx, with matching Crystals, we haggled and I got them all for 12 Euros. ( About 10 pounds Sterling)
  At home I cleaned her up and fitted batteries and a Drive pack, and lo and behold, it all worked! The motor is a Speed 500 driving a big surface prop thru a reduction gear, it doesn't seem to rev very fast, is that normal? I only have 7.2 Volt power packs. Anyone got any tips for this boat? Glad to hear any comments.

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 08:22:26 pm »

Hi Nordsee.

The robbe San Remo is a medium fast speedboat with the 'dreaded' steering prop system, this works well with the power supplied by the 500 motor, relative low revs but turning a big efficient prop.

BTW, the stock robbe prop is only good for the bin, replacing it with a Graupner K-series of the same diameter will instantly improve the speed.

With the stock motor you should reach 25-30 km/h

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

Nordsee

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 03:42:30 pm »

Thanks for the advice, but I have already sold her. Some bloke wanted a boat for his son, and I let her go. I had driven her first, quite exciting!! Price? Well I got 90 pounds for her, so it was worth the trouble!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.