Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Towing Barge Build  (Read 2816 times)

fatcat123

Towing Barge Build
« on: October 21, 2010, 01:57:52 pm »

Hi all,

Since building my tug, I have wanted something for it to tow. So i set about building a flat top style barge. Its still not finished but i'll get there.

Heres my build up to now - http://danwalker.co.uk/Towing_Barge_html/towingbargeinfo.html

Any comments/concerns welcomed   :-)

Dan

sailorboy61

Re: Towing Barge Build
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 11:50:15 am »

Nice build log Dan..as always of course!

Was thinking about something along the same line the other day, imagined it to be a fairly simple construction...... but perhaps I should finishe the tug first!!   {-)  %%  :-))

Hope all goes well with the hospital visit.

fatcat123

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 11:57:45 am »

Howdy,

Stop it, your making me blush!

Nothing wrong with doing a bit on each model! Yes it was fairly simple and has turned out well. Theres no twisting on the barge which is unusual for something i make out of wood.

Give it a go and lets see the build log!

Came out of hospital on monday after a hip replacement - im only 25 :(  Its going really well with no pain whatsoever which i cant understand. Im not complaining.

Thanks for looking at the build.

Dan

sailorboy61

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 12:01:24 pm »

Glad to hear it went well Dan... just had a couple of hours sat driving and feel like a new set of hips would go down well myself!!   O0

fatcat123

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 12:19:38 pm »

Well i'd say go for it if you ever have the choice and need to. I simply cant believe how well its went and how little pain there is.

Theres not even any swelling or bruising. I guess my youth has a lot to do with it but its the best thing ive done so far.

Dan

stoney

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 04:43:03 pm »

Hi Dan

Pleased it all went well  :-)).

All the best
                                  stoney

captain ron

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 09:07:28 pm »

Hi Dan,

Glad it all went well.......Superb barge  build , we are just about to start one of our winter projects of 5 No barges measuring 1200mm x 600mm each so when all lashed together they will give us a tow of 6m (just under 20' in old money) so should be fun towing them around the pond.
Anyway hope your keeping well fae Ron , Davie and Ian who met you at Balne Moor a couple of weeks ago.

fatcat123

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 09:08:59 pm »

Hi Ron  :-)

Thanks,

I hope we are going to see the barge builds on the site?

Dan

Dan.Lord

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 10:38:36 pm »

Cracking build Dan, really good informative diary too. will look forward to seeing some pics of it being towed by your tug.
Glad the hips settling in well. Don't over do it though !! No swinging from the Chandeliers just yet  :} :}
Keep up the good work buddy. Dan.

fatcat123

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 08:28:39 pm »

Small update on the barge build midway down the following page - http://www.danwalker.co.uk/Towing_Barge_html/towingbargepart3.html

Dan

soldier151

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 12:23:29 am »

Hi Dan,
Been watching your build, great one (as usual) Glad the Hip Op went well, I used to sell Hip Replacements and stand shoulder to shoulder with surgeon whilst he did them so I know WHAT you went through.  Keep mobile my friend and watch out when there's ice about, unless its in your drink/
Soldier151

fatcat123

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 09:00:43 am »

cheers tug,

what was his name? theres an ex army surgeon at the hospital where i received my treatment.. i wonder if it could be him...

as for the snow, its not really laying here to be honest, I live on a big hill aswell so getting up and down in such weather can only be described as a joke.

i'm also following your build with interest so keep up the good work. shes looking really neat so far.

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.