Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Workshop nears completion  (Read 7375 times)

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
Re: My Workshop nears completion
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 11:10:34 am »

Chris, that's exactly why I want my own little work room, go in, do a bit, get up and walk out! 50% of my modelling time is getting stuff out then having to put it away again. Like to be methodical and a little organised but a bit of clutter makes it what it should be ----- a WORKSHOP!  :-))  Would still love Propslip's though.  {-) O0

Regards, Tony

Propslip

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 12:48:33 pm »

Now that I have drawn you into thinking I am the worlds tidiest modeller, I will reveal the truth. No prizes for guessing how many there are or what they are. First the office, this is where I work from, it is also the library for my books & photos. This lot was aquired over a lifetime of travelling the seven seas!!!

Now the loft

pugwash

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 03:14:10 pm »

out of curiosity - have you ever finished a model or do you just get bored and shove them in the loft.
you never need to buy a kit again you have enough there to keep you busy for three lifetimes.
Geoff

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 03:29:27 pm »

mmmmm OK....Propslip ...not sure how you keep the dust from your books  {-) {-)

But is this a JMC or a Saito 3 cylinder vertical steam engine gracing one of your shelves?  :-)) .....sorry about the image resolution/distortion........ :P Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Propslip

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2010, 03:59:23 pm »

They do occaisonally get finished but they are few & far between. Runners at present include the Armed Trawler OSPREY, the Coaster BEN AIN, the Customs Vessel SENTINEL, the small BLUEBIRD Cabin Cruiser & a couple of others. Some others are close to RTR just requring batteries or radio gear. I should add many came to me as they are now, I cant resist a bargain. Nevertheless a cull is long overdue, how else will I find roon to build the grandkids model railway!!! (But that really is another story). The plan is nothing goes into the workshop untill whats in there comes out, well thats the plan anyway.

Propslip

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2010, 04:02:27 pm »

Yes Jeff you are equally at home spotting team engines as bits of fluff!! You missed the Cheddar & Boiler though!!!

dbninja

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2010, 10:39:07 pm »

some of you guys are so lucky with the amount of space you have to "abuse"  my garage is shared tween my motorcycles, my models, my tools, and anything the wife hasn't found a space for... its tiny! room for 2 motorcycles but too small for a smart car

trying to do "anything" in there without having to move everything else!   i only have the one workbench, my lathe and pillar drill live on it, so i have to move them over onto one of two workmates so i can build anything. sanding and painting a boat involves covering the bike and all the important stuff up before i start

and its really cold in winter

i wanted a heated treble garage with a bedroom attached :-))
db

Wasyl

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2010, 02:08:29 am »

You,ve definetly got too many unfinished models Propslip,and not enough time,just think,if you spend less time on here,and more time with your models then you can finish some of them quicker.....says me,who,s never off here,
And like I said before I,ve got a double garage,but I too spend more time moving models out of the way to get to the one,s that need work doing,only problem i have is most of the models that are in the way are too big to move on my own,and my other half is too small and butter fingered to be trusted to help me,

Wullie

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 01:57:00 pm »

Some great workshops there. Here's my workplace for majority of the building process, looks smaller in the photos, mind you the 6ft U2540 is taking up a lot of space! Going to find her a new shelf somewhere this afternoon. It's bottom half of the old kitchen, warm, food and kettle nearby and Sky tv too. Do my spraying and dusty, real messy jobs outside weather permitting, failing that I do them in the bay of the fire station where I'm based up the road, just have to mind none goes on the shiny red truck! Dave.  :-))

Propslip

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 03:44:14 pm »

Glad to see some of you boys manage to turn out decent models from a very modest place of work. Of coarse I have to say been there & done it & got several t shirts. Back in the days when I had 4 children all at home & 8 months of the year away at sea, I had a similar problem. Now its the opposite, I still have the four bedroom house, the missus wont let me sell it. So I have the second largest for an office, my workshop & a loft & two empty bedrooms, hey maybe I can rent them out as workshops!!! So you see guys it all falls into place later, if you live long enough to enjoy it!!!
                                                             Propslip

kiwi

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2010, 06:11:47 pm »

Number 6,
Good to see the latest MMI mag on your desk. Haven't received mine as yet, assume the carrier pidgeon is still on his way down under.
Only noticed as that's my 'Black Rose' on the cover.
Love your workspace
cheers
kiwi

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2010, 07:41:53 pm »

Magazine only arrived this morning so don't worry. I like the Black Rose, might have a go myself. Getting ready for another frosty night here, so plenty of time in the workshop ahead. Suppose you're heading for summer:)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.