Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Footballer?or Hypocritical Parasite  (Read 3056 times)

Wasyl

Great Footballer?or Hypocritical Parasite
« on: October 23, 2010, 08:12:38 pm »

I see Wayne Rooney is now on £250,000 a week,..in light of the impending unemployment that faces thousands of people, due to Gov cutbacks,... many of whom,who  will no doubt be football fans,supporting, there local team/s......what must they think of this Parasite,

Wullie

boater12

Re: Great Footballer?or Hypocritical Parasite
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 08:27:03 pm »

I see Wayne Rooney is now on £250,000 a week     what must they think of this Parasite,

Wullie
Get what you can in the present state of the economy  :-))

I am guessing because he is not 'registered' as Scottish then you fail to admire his acheievement (I can't spell !)

If it was a Scottish player then maybe a different approach would be seen  ok2

I am not racist but should a Scottish player have been offered the same .........

Jim.

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 08:56:54 pm »

How about tennis players, probeley get the same amount over a year, like that whats his name er oh Andy Murray.  {-)

Peter

Wasyl

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 09:34:37 pm »

I think you are missing the point,Race never entered my mind when I posted this topic,..Just last week he accused Man U,for having no ambition,and that his only concern was about winning trophies,He give,s no thought to the thousands of ordinary punters who shell out hundreds if not thousands of £ per year just so he can lead the lifestyle of a Prima Donna,who in my opinion "held Man U to ransom,and does,nt give a toss about those who indirectly give him his millions,
And as for your statement,of ..."get what you can in the present state of the economy"..this is one of the factors that has got us into the mess we are in today,and for you to liken yourself to this kind of mentality,does you no favours,..you may think you are Cocooned on your little island,...i doubt if you are,

Wullie

wbeedie

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 09:54:49 pm »

Shrek is way over rated as a player , he done nothing in Africa ,has done nothing this season , to say he is worth that sort of money is a joke and only because he plays for MAn U, There were better players there on pittance and I think that is the point Wullie is trying to make , no footballer is worth that and it will bring football down as a sport to the working man who have to pay higher ticket prices to over inflated egos

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 10:01:09 pm »

This is a subject that has the capacity to get many of us hot under the collar, me included, but please keep your comments free from personal attacks.

Peter Fitness

sailorboy61

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 10:06:49 pm »

Its not just football players....any of these so called 'sportsmen' (women)......... now it's a business and not a sport they are all the same. Unfortunately the same people that complain the most are the ones that support the habit by paying stupid entry prices / season tickets etc. Wonder why I don't do "sport" !

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 10:16:04 pm »

I think all sport people are over paid , and I get mad when it's by me and I hate sport, look at our athletes sport Britain pay for them (from the taxes) they are paid some £500,000 Paula Radcliff comes to mind and a few others then they drop out off events, or have children after being paid for years to train for an event, and there Are many more who pulled out off the latest games after taking money to train, so much for amateurs

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 12:58:18 am »

<*< <*< <*< >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

If one was to look at the definition of sport none of the current would comply they are in fact employed to carry out a function for monetary gain.

So how can they be "heroes",  "legends", "role models" etc it demeans true heroes and legends.

>>:-( >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*< <*< <:( <:( <:(

Wasyl

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 01:32:25 am »

One things for sure,the Inland Revenue,will be rubbing there hands, {-) {-)

Wullie

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 04:21:39 am »

Personally, I love sport, but I also think that many sports people are grossly overpaid, although it's usually only a few of the most "elite" that get the obscene money. It's claimed that these "stars" attract big crowds, thus justifying their salaries. Perhaps they do to a certain extent, yet how many of the big name football clubs have massive debts? Manchester United certainly do, according to the press, yet they are prepared to pay huge money to one man. I have no idea what the cost of a ticket to an English Premier League game is, but I believe that it's become very expensive probably, in part, to pay the exorbitant player salaries. Yet, judging by the size of the crowds at matches people are still prepared to pay, and while ever they are, nothing will change..

Peter.

sailorboy61

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 08:22:41 am »

It doesn't equate to sport when all you have to do is buy the current 'best' from where ever in the world they live. It's not like you play for your local club 'down the road' and what league they happen to be in.....I'm sure most of these professionals hate the actual game they are playing and all the training/travelling etc, it's simply the way they have found to earn stupid money for nothing. The FA for example makes the rules for equality, they should fix a players wage across the board, stop all this stupidness and make it about the game rather than about the bank balance.

regiment

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 10:45:55 am »

that is what i said  weeks ago over paid   ( censured ) this lot play it for there bank balance not for country 1966 now that was a TEAM

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 12:12:44 pm »

Isn't it more a case that the fans are an irrelevancy?

Isn't it the fact that so many people spend so much money on Sky etc. that they in turn can finance the clubs via the Premier League? Now Rupie wants the rest of it back because of the sheer profit it makes

Frankly, I don't give a toss how much they pay any of them BUT I am waiting for the whole house of cards that is football to come crashing down around them. Perhaps it will be a long wait but I don't think so if HM Customs and Excise were urged to sort them out.
 <*<

tomo55

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 12:51:00 pm »

Rooney and other stars of the beautiful game are all overpaid.It cant be justified just greed plain and simple.
Stop buying replica gear and all the other bits and pieces and dont know how much it is to get into a match these days but why pay it?If the money dried up advertising etc then where would the money come from?
Chris ( Rant over )

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 02:05:11 pm »

Stop buying replica gear and all the other bits and pieces and dont know how much it is to get into a match these days but why pay it?If the money dried up advertising etc then where would the money come from?

That's a question to ask Rupert Murdoch. He fuelled the footie-inflation, thereby taking it off the terrestrial channels, in order to provide an audience for Sky.

Meanwhile, if Rooney is on that figure, he's making more a week than an unemployed person would "make" in fifty years, or someone on average wage would make in about a decade.

Whatever way you look at it, that's obscene.   <*<

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.