Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hobbywing Seaking 35A Brushless ESC  (Read 3649 times)

philbutton

Hobbywing Seaking 35A Brushless ESC
« on: October 25, 2010, 03:12:43 pm »

I have bought one of these speed controllers to go with a brushless motor as an experiment with using such kit in a boat. I set up the controller with the battery pack,  motor and receiver on the bench and programmed it for what I wanted it to do using the Hobbywing ESC programming card and it worked perfectly.

The controller is now installed in the boat, correctly connected to the battery pack, receiver and motor but will not operate the motor. When the battery pack is switched on, a green LED lights inside the controller and the rudder servo operates as normal which indicates to me that the ESC has power and that the BEC circuit is working. However, the ESC does nothing (no 'beeps', etc.) and the motor will not work at all. Attempts to use the programming card gives no help as the LEDs on the card do not light up.

I have tried (three times) to e-mail Hobbywing for assistance, but received no reply at all.

Has anyone else had problems with this kit and can help me out? Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong as a mere beginner with brushless kit?

Also, the total lack of reaction from the manufacturer to a simple technical query suggests that they couldn't care less about their customers - so beware!

John Mk2

Re: Hobbywing Seaking 35A Brushless ESC
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 03:42:11 pm »

The Beeps come from the motor  ok2 Double check the connections to the motor ok2

philbutton

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 10:24:52 am »

Already thought of that - I have checked the motor with another ESC and the motor and wiring checks out fine. I also tried the Seaking ESC with another motor with the same negative results as before.

John Mk2

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 10:38:43 am »

Sound like a duff one then {:-{ Sorry I cant help :((

nick_75au

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 10:40:45 am »

I haven't got one of these but, I would check the position of the throttle stick when turning on, is the ESC "arming", most wont "ARM" unless the throttle is in the minimum throttle setting

My Turnigy Marine 35A ESC seems to be locked. When plugged to battery and transmitter on only green led is shining, otherwise the ESC dos not work seems to be dead. While programming I apparently disconnceted it incorrectly and it seems to be stuck and locked. What can be done to adress this issue. I bought two of them for two Trunigy 2700KV the other works fine with both motors and was simple to programm to include reverse.

this from the hobbyking website no answer though??

Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 19 queries.