Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hemmens models.  (Read 1239 times)

Neil

Hemmens models.
« on: October 26, 2010, 01:17:20 am »

Hi people,

I just thought some may like to know that I have received, recently, two Hemmens products.

One, a horizontal Richmond plant, which I am supremely happy with. That will go into my Envoy I think. The power from that little engine is fantastic. It leaks surprisingly little too, hardly at all, especially considering it's an oscillator. I have had it up to 80psi gauge, briefly, and the cylinders didn't get blown off the face! I think the boiler is nearly on a par with my Mendip, as far as steam production goes.

The other is the Beverley Mill Plant, also a magnificent piece of engineering.

I have had the Rocket, and Dribbler for many years now. The Rocket is a wonder to look at. It is just superb, and occupies pride of place in my collection.

The Dribbler is a good solid little model, that I think will survive a nuclear blast.

I am so happy with my Hemmens products, that I have two more on order, due for delivery early in November.

The only problem I have had with my models is the delivery time. Very slow at times, but then, John is over 80 I believe. I'm slow enough at 66, so I suppose when, (if) I get there, I'll be a bit tardy too.

I'm in no way attached to the Hemmens company, in fact, I'm a bit far away. Melbourne, Australia, in case someone thought this was an advertisement.

If I could work out how to attach photos, I'd attach some pics of my beauties.

Cheers to all.

Neil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 19 queries.