Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mid Life Crisis  (Read 6853 times)

Double D

Mid Life Crisis
« on: October 28, 2010, 01:05:26 pm »

I think I'm well into my mid-life crisis and was wondering what everyone else did during theirs.

I've had a convertible car, a motorbike, tattoos and piercings (don't ask!!!!) so cummon, out with it, reveal all.........

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Mid Life Crisis
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 01:11:39 pm »

I reckon that if I keep putting off having a mid-life crisis, I will have found the secret of long life and really getting my money's worth out of the pension scheme............
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Lord Bungle

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:21:29 pm »

I'm male, so to have a mid life crisis that means I have to grow up  {-)

Boy From the Bay

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 03:19:36 pm »

OK.
For my younger days.
I rode bikes. Grew long hair. Was the eternal student. Only really had odd jobs, no career as such. And was happily single.
Until I got married. Then I was equally irresponsible as I had been before. Still living in rented accom, still smoking weed, but now had a wife and 2 dogs in tow. But living in the countryside it didn't matter. Then got divorced.

Got to 40 and hit mid life crisis. Found it almost impossible to get a date. Thought to myself, golly gosh I have been peeing my life away down the pub, no carreer, no house of my own, etc, etc.
Went out, got a job, suit, haircut, company car, mortgage, and sold the bike, re-married, stopped smoking weed. Not necessarily in that order.

Perhaps midlife crisis = need for a change after 20 years.

So when I hit 60 I will probably start chasing middle aged women, grow my hair and smoke weed again.

Lord Bungle

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 03:26:53 pm »

I did have a sort of mid life crisis when I was 21, I bought a boat, had several cars, and a motorbike and spent all my time chasing women.  Now only thing thats changed is the boat is now a r/c one and I am with 1 wonderful woman that says nice things like, I have done well this week, made extra money (she owns her own business) so I think I shall buy you some bits for your boat.

Wasyl

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 03:47:11 pm »

OK.
For my younger days.
I rode bikes. Grew long hair. Was the eternal student. Only really had odd jobs, no career as such. And was happily single.
Until I got married. Then I was equally irresponsible as I had been before. Still living in rented accom, still smoking weed, but now had a wife and 2 dogs in tow. But living in the countryside it didn't matter. Then got divorced.

Got to 40 and hit mid life crisis. Found it almost impossible to get a date. Thought to myself, golly gosh I have been peeing my life away down the pub, no carreer, no house of my own, etc, etc.
Went out, got a job, suit, haircut, company car, mortgage, and sold the bike, re-married, stopped smoking weed. Not necessarily in that order.

So when I hit 60 I will probably start chasing middle aged women, grow my hair and smoke weed again.
I,ve got a garden full of Willow herb,...I,ve been told there, weeds,....You can have them all...free,..all you,ve got to do is come and pick them,...if you want my address just... pm,me  {-)

Wullie

Boy From the Bay

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 04:48:43 pm »

OK.
For my younger days.

Got to 40 and hit mid life crisis. Found it almost impossible to get a date. Thought to myself, golly gosh (as the English say) I have been peeing my life away in bars, no carreer, no house of my own, etc, etc.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 07:42:02 pm »

I'll let you know when I get there!

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 11:39:35 am »

I'll let you know when I get there!

Me too  {-)
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Watchleader

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 01:10:02 pm »

The only symptom I had  of a mid life crisis was taking up boat modelling.  ok2
It weren't no crisis. :-)) :-)) :-))

Dekan

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 03:49:40 pm »

I would of had midlife crisis.... but I'm too poor and working class to indulge in such things... :}

BrianCartwright

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 05:00:12 pm »

Midlife crisis.?????What.s that????
I have been a little boy all my life so if I never grow up I.ll never have that problem,so I aint gonner grow up period. :-)) :-))

pugwash

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 05:21:25 pm »

My wife reckons because of my dress sense (or lack of it) I was obviously born middle-aged so I must have missed the midlife crisis.
Was it any good.
Geoff

Double D

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 06:06:25 pm »

I would of had midlife crisis.... but I'm too poor and working class to indulge in such things... :}

I'm working class, I got a job straight from school and apart from havin a few months off when I had my kids I've always worked >>:-(.  Luckily I had my kids while I was young and now they are old enough to look after themselves I've started to enjoy myself and do all the things I couldn't do or afford to do while I was bringing them up. 

I work in Bereavement Services which means that from Monday to Friday I work either at the Crematorium or in the Cemeteries, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job but it's taught me not to put things off till tomorrow, that's why I'm doing things I've always wanted to do now before it's too late that's why I keep being told that I'm having a mid-life crisis, but if I get my way this mid-life crisis will be going on for a long time to come........ now what next........ Sugar Daddy or Toy Boy??????  {-) {-) {-)

Lord Bungle

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 06:25:44 pm »

I'm working class, I got a job straight from school and apart from havin a few months off when I had my kids I've always worked >>:-(.  Luckily I had my kids while I was young and now they are old enough to look after themselves I've started to enjoy myself and do all the things I couldn't do or afford to do while I was bringing them up. 

I work in Bereavement Services which means that from Monday to Friday I work either at the Crematorium or in the Cemeteries, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job but it's taught me not to put things off till tomorrow, that's why I'm doing things I've always wanted to do now before it's too late that's why I keep being told that I'm having a mid-life crisis, but if I get my way this mid-life crisis will be going on for a long time to come........ now what next........ Sugar Daddy or Toy Boy??????  {-) {-) {-)

that all depends on what you value more, Money or Energy  {-)

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 01:54:31 pm »

Never mind mid life, I'm just having a crisis.....to many boats to build (or plan to build), finish the decorating, build new steam plant...........see crisis......., oh well I'll take my mind off all these troubles and go build a boat  {-) {-) (besides it too cold for the riding the bike now) :((
Steamed up all the time

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 02:08:21 pm »

How I hate fair weather motor-cyclists,posers {-) {-) hope to see you Sunday week Phil remember Shinny side up greasy side down
                                                                                Cheers
                                                                                    Bob ( still with 1200 Aspencade in garage )
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 07:51:46 pm »

........ now what next........ Sugar Daddy or Toy Boy??????  {-) {-) {-)

Nice to know you're still wanted isn't it?... :((

garston1

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 07:56:14 pm »

I'll be happy just to reach Mid life (50) 0n Saturday ! :-))

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 08:09:06 pm »

How I hate fair weather motor-cyclists,posers {-) {-) hope to see you Sunday week Phil remember Shinny side up greasy side down
                                                                                Cheers
                                                                                    Bob ( still with 1200 Aspencade in garage )

Was -5C yesterday, and had the bike out for a good run when the sun got up. Dressed warm and it was quite invigorating   %%
  Why  is woman only worry about mid crisis? I just tell the wife I'm seeing to my Bucket List.

John......................with an 1100 Aspencade still on the road.  O0

Dekan

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15:57 am »

I would hardly call a Honda GoldWing a sign of a midlife crisis...It's more like a motorized pipe and slippers mobile :}

tomo55

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 08:46:49 am »

I'll be happy just to reach Mid life (50) 0n Saturday ! :-))
/
Is 50 midlife I thought it was older,Im 53 Ive got some catching up to do,now whats first?
Chris

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 08:49:56 am »

50!!  :o  I turn 40 in January so will probably be starting mine soon...Dave... O0

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 10:10:55 am »

I would hardly call a Honda GoldWing a sign of a midlife crisis...It's more like a motorized pipe and slippers mobile :}

Very good. I gotta remember that one. Never mind, we always put the Hondas at the back of our pack to pick up the pieces fallen off the Harleys.

John ......... plugging ears from the Harley screams   {-)

Dreadstar

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 11:23:14 am »

Are you only 40 No.6? Crikey that doesn't bode well for me,I thought that you were nearer my own age(50). :embarrassed:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.