Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mid Life Crisis  (Read 6863 times)

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
Re: Mid Life Crisis
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 12:40:09 pm »

Steady Dreadstar, not every one had it cushy like you....

I must stand-up for the mid-life crisis brigade  - when young we all have dreams and aspirations and unfortunately for most, insufficient funds to do anything about it. I was in that situation and now I''ve got 'rid' of the kids I am now enjoying what I've worked for. I have absolutely no intention of leaving anything to anyone, my wife and I are planning to spend every penny - we did our bit by putting them all through university and supporting them until they got good jobs.

However, we've now replaced the kids with the in-laws who are really old and require a lot of assistance and this past weekend have been informed that next year we will be grand parents.....so life's not all a bed of roses, eventually we'll get to the stage where we can have time (and money)  just for ourselves.

Double D

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 01:00:43 pm »

Are you only 40 No.6? Crikey that doesn't bode well for me,I thought that you were nearer my own age(50). :embarrassed:

{-)  {-)  {-)   {-)  {-)  {-)  {-)  {-)  {-)  {-)  {-)  {-)  {-)

bilzin

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 01:39:04 pm »

Wot Mid Life Crisis ?

I hit 52 before I decided that 4 wheels were not for me in the states.

Bill

Lord Bungle

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 06:50:25 pm »

Very good. I gotta remember that one. Never mind, we always put the Hondas at the back of our pack to pick up the pieces fallen off the Harleys.

John ......... plugging ears from the Harley screams   {-)
as Jools Holland says "Harley Davidson, nice bike if your a girl"
Bungle with a zzr 600 in bits in garage :)

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 07:05:16 pm »

Very good. I gotta remember that one. Never mind, we always put the Hondas at the back of our pack to pick up the pieces fallen off the Harleys.

John ......... plugging ears from the Harley screams   {-)

Well when we went for a ride out we always put the Harley riders at the back so we didn't get hit by any parts that fell off  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 08:16:11 pm »

Are you only 40 No.6? Crikey that doesn't bode well for me,I thought that you were nearer my own age(50). :embarrassed:

Well that's put me in my place... :P  I'll just go off to use the Wii Fit...again...or could just head for the sofa I suppose...Dave... O0 O0

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 11:05:38 am »

I had to look up 'midlife crisis', I wasn't sure what it actually is.........I have been accused of having had one, been in the middle of it, and will be having it soon...all in the space of the last four years!

If it's where you go out and spend hard earned money on 'stupid things' like sports cars, flash holidays, flying lessons, new clothes, radio control 'bits', toys, power tools etc., then I'm guilty as charged.

BUT - I'm 52 next birthday, our last child is off at Uni' (albeit with our 'sponsorship') and we finally have free time, the money that was always put aside for the kids is now 'spare'. Seeing as we had children from the day we were married in our case it's more of a long overdue honeymoon - not a crisis.
We decided that we have done our bit for family it's now our time to grow old disgracefully......but we have been told recently that we are to become grandparents early next year - so that may well throw a spanner in the works....but as they say life happens, bring it on - a grandchild could be another excuse for more toys!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.