Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thunder Tiger Neptune  (Read 2007 times)

model boat martin

Thunder Tiger Neptune
« on: October 30, 2010, 03:08:02 pm »

I have just built one of these kits.  I want to install the optional camera and was surprised at the cost but also concerned about a report I read in one of the Journals that it doesn't work very well unless the water is very clear.  I think I have seen somewhere some optional lights for the kit also.  Has anyone got any experience or advice on this?

nick_75au

Re: Thunder Tiger Neptune
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 03:58:46 pm »

I built my own camera system, I put a colour helmet cam and a wired BW cam(for navigation) and found exactly as you describe, the water has to be clear. The wired part is also problematic in that it really needs to be very slightly buoyant, mine got tangled in weeds.

Nick

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
Re: Thunder Tiger Neptune
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 04:01:21 pm »

Yes these cameras need clear water to work well. Even with light your not going to see much further than 1-2meters away in pond water. A cheaper option would be to get a camera than record on SD card, so there is no wire going back to the sub, obviously you cand see where your going live, but picture quality is better. The best bit is it costs about £10. Have a look at the video posted on the Dive In site from the latest bash http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=133360626703083#!/group.php?gid=133360626703083&v=wall 
Maybe we'll see you at the next run, no need to worry about weeds and you'll get plenty of clear video.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.