Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heng Long Panther Tank  (Read 7932 times)

Nige52

Heng Long Panther Tank
« on: October 30, 2010, 04:26:50 pm »

Most of my hobbies are to do with radio control, mainly boats, but I've just bought my first tank from Heng Long.
It's the pro version with smoke and sound and I must say I'm impressed with it  :-))
I'm having a little trouble getting the smoke to work but I suppose that's down to me, I followed the instructions
and put 2-3mm of oil in the 2 tubes it points to, and when I turn the little oil switch on underneath, the sound starts but as to yet, no smoke  {:-{
Ah well, no doubt it'll fire up one day  :-)

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Heng Long Panther Tank
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:28:44 pm »

Nige.  Ive A Henlong Tiger Tank. I think your find a lot of variations with the smoke units. For mine to smoke i have to run tank at full
speed for a while.Even then not much smoke.Over filling will stop smoker completly. Still smoker cheap to buy and easyish to change
John

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 02:09:50 pm »

My 2 boys and I have 3 HL tanks a panzer IV, KV1 and a tiger, all with smoke.  In pre xmas wrapping testing the KV1 was by far the best for smoke and the tiger the best in the sound stakes
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

pugwash04

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 08:39:21 pm »

:-)
     Hi Nigel,

I used to buy / sell / convert HL tanks, the smoke units are tempermental, over fill and they wont work, just switch on the smoke unit and run the tank, eventually the unit will work once the oil has evaporated so the internal wick is just damp. Some pics of the ones I've converted Panther into Jagdpanther , Panzer III into a Stug and a Panzer III into a Stu 33, only 24 were made, all were lost within 12 months , 12 at Stalingrad ( I gave up selling once HL brought out their Jagdpanter and Stug versions.)

Lou

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:32:29 pm »

Stu 33 - what role was that intended for?

( Fantastic models by the way! )   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

pugwash04

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 04:49:35 pm »

;)
 Hi Martin
              The Stu 33 (  33B ) was fitted with a 15cm sIG 33 cannon, the idea was for it to blow the crap out of machine gun nests, block houses etc encountered in the street fighting around Stalingrad, only problem was it presented a nice big target and was difficult to maneuver in the rubble strewn streets.

Picture of the real beast in some museum

Lou

pugwash

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 05:38:11 pm »

for anyone with more than a passing interest in tanks and AFV etc if you are on holiday in the Loire Valley
try the Saumur tank museum It has a very good selection of German, Russian, British, American and naturally French
tanks, mobile guns and AFV and a vast proportion are in running order and are used in war films.
The day we were there the European Dressage Championships were being held so my wife and daughter went to
watch the horses and and my son and I had the whole day at the museum with no nagging about leaving, and they
had a Chieftian being operated outside.
Geoff

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 05:55:43 pm »

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 06:52:00 pm »

There a good tank museum near(ish) me...

The Muckleburgh Collection

http://www.muckleburgh.co.uk/
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

pugwash04

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 07:11:53 pm »

:-))
      A couple of years back wifey and I went to the Bovingdon Tank Collection, well worth the long drive from Cornwall, even the wife enjoyed it. Sod fighting in a tin can, I joined the RAF because we sent the Officers of to fight while we stayed back at camp with a mug of tea !!!!!!!

Wasyl

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 03:15:53 am »

Here,s a couple of pics of my Tamiya Tiger ...and here,s  a Panther that i spotted on German ebay,..."is this the most expensive 1/15  model on the planet.....I have to admit, this guys an artist....but.....
item number

Wullie

pugwash

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 06:55:57 am »

go on insomniac Wullie how much is it - I can't find it.
Geoff

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer

Wasyl

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 01:38:48 pm »

Here,s another one from the same seller,...somehow i don,t think he sells many,...although i have to say,..this guy is the best i,ve seen

Wullie
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280582193210&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

airwolf572010

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 09:26:12 pm »

Yes had a look at that one also as well as the Panther he is terrific isnt he? Nice colour schemes also and great detail work
I suppose like any good artist you value your work as how you see it

ben hall

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 05:49:04 pm »

Most of my hobbies are to do with radio control, mainly boats, but I've just bought my first tank from Heng Long.
It's the pro version with smoke and sound and I must say I'm impressed with it  :-))
I'm having a little trouble getting the smoke to work but I suppose that's down to me, I followed the instructions
and put 2-3mm of oil in the 2 tubes it points to, and when I turn the little oil switch on underneath, the sound starts but as to yet, no smoke  {:-{
Ah well, no doubt it'll fire up one day  :-)

my henlong smoke system leaked so i got a new smoke system from a member who runs a model shop that he took out a broken henlong tank, that broke too so there not very good so dont kick yourself
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.