Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: about a good model..trawler...  (Read 9200 times)

rathikrishna

about a good model..trawler...
« on: November 01, 2010, 01:36:00 pm »

Good vening friends..will some one help me to find links or pics, of a nice looking fishing trawler,some where here..? i do not have any internet connection near to my home as i am living in a remote village.so i do not have any more time to surf in net..but at office i can down load all things for me..so its a request..please some one help me..a plan is not must, but i need only pics of the desired craft..will some one...?

rathikrishna

Re: about a good model..trawler...
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 09:58:11 am »

Hai..Umi...a million thanksssssssssssssss for the links...god may bless you..

hmsantrim

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 12:37:59 pm »

Hi Rathi.
              here is the link for the gallery for the trawler forum.  Click on the country of origin you want to see the pictures of their boats, double click the pictures will enlarge them for you to see the details.

http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=2

cheers Frank

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 09:04:34 am »

Good after noon Frank..so i as looking for India, in "I" segment...but..hi..hi..so happy..oh..its a great link..oh god..its irresistible..

hmsantrim

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 05:16:55 pm »

Hi Rathi.
             Ok just for you some indian fishing boats

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/Indian_fishing_boat.jpg

frank

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 08:40:22 am »

Hmsantrim, i have compleated my sketch, of my craft, its from 20% actual, and 80% imagination...i compleated its hull by now, and its propultion is a kortnozzle type.

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 08:41:13 am »

I am thanking you all for the great helps and links...thanks again...

LarryW

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 11:04:59 am »

hi rathikrishna do build from plans ifso do have any to down load  :-) larry.

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 01:01:54 pm »

Sir, its too hard to build from a plan.because i do not have any apropriate materials for me like balsa,and i also lack power tools, except two drillers,and a powered marble cutter.so i always insists on imagination. it gives me a little freedom to work.and i do not have anymuch muscle power to copwith wooden kits...or wood..and one more, i know after some years the wood will be attacked by BORERS, so it will be destroyed.my all models are in immaculate condition, some are compleated before 1988. but i always dream building from kits, so i will collect some, after my resignation from my job.but still i think , that building a model from a kit is much straight foreward, that any mechanical minded one can do.but building it from imagination gives me ample of satisfaction,even that look archaic.and yes the mechanicals. i have four radio systems, with me, but i never used it, because i know, such equipments are priceless treassures for me.all four are in its packings with my dresses in my wardrobe.to people like you it may be some needed things but to me its a rare and far beyond reach, not because of the money, but lack of market and because of the restriction of my gender..girl..if i want to go abroad, i have to look someones help..so its a different matter...but i respect your suggestion, so i will try from plans indeed..thank you, and have a nice day.

kalyanprodhan

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 02:35:18 am »

Why not make a hand driven boat just like boat competition in kerala. It will not use the propellor but use the hand driven trawler.
I see that your artwork is beautiful. To protect from age or ants/termites, just boil the wood, cotton etc in TEA (even throw away) water to add tanin(?) or use directly neem wood (Ever lasting).

Thanks

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 01:52:06 pm »

Hey Kalyan..from your drawings, its not clear the idea...will you elaborate it..? please...

kalyanprodhan

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 04:22:29 pm »

Can I Explain my thought ?

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 01:13:57 pm »

Ok...got it...i will try to make one..but prior o that i have to compleate my RRV, Life boat, X bow tug, COM-BAT, Stealth,Black shark,New Pirate catcher of US,and more..and popeeye..then...thanks for the drawings..i hope you are friend of my elder brother Mr Krishna...right..? so nice...have a nice day..

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 02:20:36 pm »

Rathi,

You mentioned a shortage of materials for modelling.

Instead of balsa wood you can use card, or more specifically the cardboard from food packaging. This can then be lacquered with shellac, or perhaps with ordinary varnish to make it waterproof. I know this was done a lot in the past.
For larger models you could perhaps use a second layer for strength.

In the future I may experiment with papier-mache. Many layers of newspaper. The biggest problem is that it will have a lumpy surface texture.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

kalyanprodhan

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 04:28:48 pm »

Yes,
I have mailed krishna over RCIndia.org forum for aeromodeling. I have started modeling (Not only aeromodeling) from childhood. Small gliders (free flight and rubber powered) as well as boat, car, lorry making is my hobby. I think of RC, but the speed and accident prove nature is just giving tension. Again as a hobby electronics, your brother explained a problem which was he solved, but i failed (till today). I mailerd him and seen his reply that you are also guru in that field. Again I have ordered Tx+Rx, LiPO, BLMotors, Props, Servos but still i have not started my first RC Plane not for laziness but for doubt that I shall start this for water based vehicle as it's accidentless . I just googled your name as he said you have explained in your site, I landed here and got a better place that is far near to my frequency. Again, your pic. looks like my elder sister you wont believe.

however, the problem is how can I separate different channel noise(control data equivalent signals) after demodulation. Does I have separate tuned filter ckts for different channels ?

rathikrishna

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 06:08:28 am »

Hai , Tigertiger , card board mens, straw board..? or simply card board..? means flat one..? i tested all for me in many ways,but none of them aren't reliable as expanded polystyrene...and weight is the main creed about EPP...when i finish a craft in 3 feet it will only weighs within 200 grams...around..so nice...thanks for the advice...

rathikrishna

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 06:16:31 am »

Hey Kalyan..my brother got an accident, and still he is in bed..its too sad for us all...actually i was living far from my first grand home because of my profession..then i came here around two years back...now he cant go out much and walk much..we are waiting for our elder brother in law, is a surgeon, now in abroad..i hope he get well soon..i learned many things from him...but we are our own in ideas...and still i am using his work house, tools,because to make him happy..so i as instructed o check his in box in gmail..so i got you..any how, its too easy to make an RC system from from audio tone generators..so i will post a detailed thing on my next posting, is BLACK SHARK, a stealthy craft, is equipped with a on board wireless camera, and 10 channels.so i will add all scope datas so you can go through...its so simple..so please give me some time..and i will convey your regards to my brother Krishna...dont be lazy...make lots of models..if not you will be sad when you get aged...if you make many models all models will be with you in your old age...so on that ime we can enjoy with it...have a nice day...Rathi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 22 queries.