Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: free sat  (Read 4170 times)

regiment

free sat
« on: November 04, 2010, 12:57:20 pm »

still got the problem with my free sat sorted cable out the channel strength is 85  picture  is great on most channels but switch to chn i bbc and all i get is new service please wait.. a few more channels are the same have retuned quite a number of times still the same result  even changed the free sat box  .. the tv  hd  in the lounge is perfect from the same dish cured the freezing now got this problem  box of cornish fudge to the one who can sort this out cannot afford a tv man at there prices not on my pension thanks

The long Build

Re: free sat
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 01:05:45 pm »

Sometimes on the digi boxes and free view on main tvs you periodically need to reset all the stations by using the Automatic Re-tune .. Worth a try. :-))

chrise

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 01:50:47 pm »

I agree totally about retuning.

Does the freesat tuner work in the lounge? If it does then you have a cable problem. If it doesn't then that is one less thing to worry about.

If simple retuning fails & the receiver does not work any better in the lounge than its current location then pretend you receiver is a computer & do what you would do if your computer played up. Disconnect it from the mains & leave it for a couple of minutes (at least) before reconnecting. Set it to auto tune & wait.

If this fails is there a "reset to factory spec" button or menu item? If so & you don't have any recordings that you want to keep then press the button.

Let us know what happens.

regiment

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 02:46:13 pm »

done every thing you have both posted  GREAT picture on most channels but a few like bbc 1 itv 4plus just a message saying new service please wait ...signal strengh 65 to 80

Wasyl

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 03:05:29 pm »

Up here in Scotland,..just prior to the switchover to digital,there was a scheme that was Gov funded,in conjuction with the BBC,that helped people who were on the Pension or DLA,this scheme covered getting Digital equipment at a reduced rate,free fitting,to one or more TV,s,Re-tuning,+ a free phone backup service,
it was called the ..Switchover Help Scheme..tel,0800..40.85.935..i don,t know if it applies to you, but you can try phoning them,

Wullie

chrise

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 03:11:04 pm »

Your signal strength doesn't sound very good for Cornwall which should be a stong signal area.

Please post the make/ model of your receiver & if there is anyone out there with the same please tell us what strength you get on BBC1 and ITV4 plus some idea of location.

Chris 

pugwash

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 03:13:15 pm »

Regiment, just a thought when I had freesat before I got sky my tele used to auto tune to a BBC 1 channel which was not the nearest
Have you tried a manual tune on the dodgy channels to see if there is a stronger signal further along the band - even in the cold north I think
I found about 4 alternate transmitters some rubbish but one brilliant and retuned it to that one.
Geoff

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 04:01:47 pm »

don't freesat programs all come from the same sat...?

pugwash

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 04:29:56 pm »

Sorry Senior moment I was thinking of freeview.  My apologies.
Geoff

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 05:20:26 pm »

The only thing left seems to be the LNB the lump on the bit sticking out from the dish.
The latest sky Low Noise Blocks are a quad unit to be able to run sky plus etc
If you can get to the dish it may be worth swopping the feeders over to see if the fault migrates
If you just have one downlead which is piggy backed through your lounge box try connecting
your second set directly to that box.
If that doesn't work go to bed to sleep and watch tv in the lounge :(( :(( :(( :((

Ned

PS I think the changeover for digital concessions only apply to terrestial services i.e. Freesat
If the council installed your system why not try talking to the installers If they are nice guys
they may provide you with an answer
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

regiment

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 06:29:56 pm »

hi all it is a council dish to the  ten flats we have a separate amp to each flat sometimes we get a signal out of range which lasts for about a few seconds but the one in the lounge  hd every thing ok will get onto the council  see what thay can do thanks to all free sat model goodmans gfsat 100sd my post code is tr6 obp perranporth

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 06:47:58 pm »

If your council are good enough to give you freesat to your flat I should think they will sort you out if you ask nicely
Unless they had a contractor in to do it who are not local

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

chrise

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 08:07:26 am »

As there are 10 flats from the same dish you can use that to help identify the problem.

1. Are you alone in having this problem?
2. Do you still have the problem if your freesat box is connected to a dish feed that works fine for another receiver?

If others are having the problem then I would expect the council to sort it but if it is only your box - wherever you connect it - then I hope that you are still under warranty!

regiment

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 12:58:07 pm »

played with  free sat again on bbc 1 south west no signal went through channels got to 960 bbc scotland    picture perfect  ???? i am now going to move to scotland

slug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 08:18:13 am »

regiment bbc scotland good for hogmanay    slug

787Eng

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 09:47:30 am »

Have you entered YOUR correct Post Code in the free Sat Receiver and checked it?

Mark

regiment

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 12:42:49 pm »

yes put right code in i will asl slug for a scottish one then i might get southwest

regiment

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 08:16:09 pm »

well  my tv is ok council sent tv engineer he found the bracket had moved but nobody else had reported it thought it was the weather  carrick council  cornwall one of the best
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.