Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help..to make a debri sweeper...  (Read 4276 times)

rathikrishna

Help..to make a debri sweeper...
« on: November 05, 2010, 01:29:15 pm »

Good evening friends..can anyone suggest a configuration of propultion for my new fishing trawler, a three feet 11 inches wide, willing o control by a 6 channel R/C . i found a motor from a wiper assy, at 12 volts and it drops only 1.2 amps at full speed.and it spins in to 2700 RPM.now i am facing a cruel thing, is that as most of my boating areas are situated by river,a lots of leaves and wooden twigs come all over as tide changes here..and most of the time my craft will stop almost somewhere as the prop strand in leaves and twigs..only way o recover it is swim..if i, i will get enough from my MOM..by last year i got that much from my MOM...here women are much restricted by tradition..i do not have any friends here...so i have to find a good solution for this problem..as i am going to resign my job,and to be a full time model maker..please veterans dont neglect me..please give me some ideas like before..its a humble request...Rachu.

LarryW

Re: to ged rid of debris and leaves..
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 02:37:12 pm »

hi there my local pool  as the same problem . so i built asimple air boat with collecting frame on the front.,
  wich collects the marooned model and pushes to asafe recover area. cheers larry  :-))

LarryW

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:16:11 pm »

like this :-))

triumphjon

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 09:56:21 pm »

either go with larry s suggestion or build yourself a boat that uses a jet drive unit  , this way the prop is protected in a tube with a grill to prevent the ingress of foreign objects around the prop !

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 07:39:56 am »

Sir..i have many crafts with fans..but i want to build some real looking crafts like a fishing trawler..so only i can fix the props under it..so sad...ohhh..i am looking for the jet drive assy...thanks a lots...but i like your fan boat..nice ..

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 07:56:48 am »

Hai triumph..will you give me any link or pictures related to this kind of propultions..?.will you..?

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 10:48:51 am »

Hi Rathi, some of us have used a 'throwing stick' which is tied to a long string line. When a boat cannot move I throw the stick (carefully) to get the line close to or over the model and then pull the string. The line and/or stick  'hooks' onto the model and I can haul/pull the model back to me using the string. The stick must be 'just' heavy enough to throw accurately.  I'm sure you will design a very good 'rescue stick' but learning to throw it accurately can take a little practise. If one end of the stick is made heavier then it will help distance and accuracy. It may also help if the stick can float.

A cage of wire mesh (basket)  could be fitted around the prop/rudder to stop/prevent debris 'fouling' the propulsion. 

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 01:14:11 pm »

GREATTTTTTTTTTTT....happy...so i have to drive my crafts near to bank..always..???..Sir..mostly i drive my crafts through the canals one rounds up the farm land...most of them are some wide...so i can simply circle all around for hours...so my most teriffic nightmare is stranding some thing on props...so only way to recover it back...is swimming...is again a teriffic nightmare to me as my MOM kills me for this...(sad)..so i will try by adding baskets around props or can try some jets...thanks for the valuable advices...

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 01:16:05 pm »

Hai respected friends..in my picture you can see all debries in water...i could find some centrifugal pumps at back in some crafts..for propultions.will this help any way..?..

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 10:01:14 am »

and will adding a net around the prop reduce performance..?

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 11:20:58 am »

A wire net with big openings/squares should not reduce water flow past the prop/rudder too much. Some of our lifeboats  have tunnels/troughs inset in the ir hulls to protect  props from floating debris.

50mm

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 05:08:43 pm »

Have you though about using jet drives? they usually have a protective grill under the base of the entrance to stop debris entering the prop area, they are also very powerful so your boat will go like a little rocket. These are some examples http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/graupner_jet.html

Another option may be to create some sort of water cleaning boat that you can run before you sail your main boats this would include a net scoop at the front or rear maybe similar to a trawler that can skim the top of the water and draw any rubbish to shore leaving you with a reasonably clear 'play' area

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 09:00:45 am »

Thank you all again..sure by yesterday i adds a aluminium net around the prop of my craft and tried..it worked well...a million hanks again and surely i do not know how to thank you all...and i was thinking all about you ..how brainfull you all are...nice..creative..and sure i am on the way to find the internal diagram of a jet ski..means an exploded view...as i lack the time, its too hard to surf all over the net..and at home no connection..any way i will find it...a miiiilllliion thanks again....have a nice time to you all...and a HAPPY DEEPAWALI greetings...(festival of lamps)...

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 03:12:38 pm »

good evening..and i am also in my workhome to build a sweeper craft for this purpose...

rathikrishna

Help..to make a debri sweeper...
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 03:19:22 pm »

Good evening Friends..one of my great head ache was the leaves and debris in my waters..from the advices of veterans , now i am almost overcame this problem...by adding nets around props...but from one of the respected member, i got an advice,to use a craft to sweep the whole debris around my driving grounds...so now i have some sleepless nights ahead me,to make a such craft...means a debris sweeper of its class..so i am seeking some valuable advices from all respected friends like before..and i know instead of burning my brain i can simply overcome this problem, by hearing valuable advices from all...so please give me some tips to make such craft, means size, type of hull,type of propultion, and motor,(RS 380 or S 400, or RS 500)...and the sweeper assy, at front...please again its a humble request...Good night you all.

rathikrishna

Re: Help..to make a debri sweeper...
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 07:18:08 am »

here is..

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 10:52:27 am »

The best solution is a second boat fitted with your screen, towing a floating fishing line.  Just sail the second boat round the stuck one, switch off and pull them both back by hand.  Or sail the rescue boat back under power.  If the rescue boat also runs into debris, you can retrieve it using the line, clear it and have another go.  This works better than the throwing stick method where the boat is stuck out of throwing range.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

rathikrishna

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 08:14:20 am »

Malcolmfrary , its a great idea...and thank you...so i can avoid swimming along..so thanks...and i am already sketced a model a more big one, with a motor from wiper motor of a car, ith 9 amps 12 volts battery, with multipple screws and a propeller at back over my craft. so i hope i can simply switch the propultion between underwater and by air.and also willing to fix a robotic arm,controlled by radio, so i can simply manage the stranded craft simply..hope so..and i am in my workhome to wire the needed radio systems from Rx and Tx2B chips, and i need 4 of them in various freequencies as for full function...its in the making...so after finishing my present paddler it will be the next...so please garace me o finish that craft...

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 12:45:15 am »

Good idea from malcolm.  ok2
How about an easy- build  rescue 'springer' type tug with a mesh/wire box (full width/depth of the hull) UNDER the stern to protect/box in the kort-prop and rudder.

rathikrishna

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 04:59:09 am »

Perkasaman, will you elaborate it once..? or any links..?  and sorry for the reply..

rathikrishna

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 04:59:44 am »

Sorry for the delay in reply...

50mm

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 08:21:46 am »

nice work

rathikrishna

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 09:26:43 am »

Thank you Marty...

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 11:55:27 am »

rathikrishna

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 07:51:30 am »

Oh my God...thanks once again...hi..hi..God may bless you my friend..have a nice day..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.