Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WOOD BURNING STOVES  (Read 14093 times)

Patternmaker

Re: WOOD BURNING STOVES
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 09:39:14 pm »

Interesting update, evidently one stove was a DIY installation and does not comply with current regulations also the extension it has been installed in does not have planning permission, double trouble for that one, he paid me another visit accompanied by his 2 sons with loads of verbal, intimidation and threats do not work with me.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2010, 09:51:47 pm »

Dear Patternmaker,

So, open warefare results. You have two choices... one you challange, two, you are in defeat? 1). You take advie from a solcitor, or 2)., you retreat. Easy for me to say, but are you a chicken or a mouse... I think however a tiger!!! Do your worst, do whatever you can against them... go for it...................................

Go for them, do your worst.............

Bernard

Patternmaker

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2010, 10:13:34 pm »

Bernard, the gloves are now off , I approached them in a civil manner at first but now they will learn not to mess with an Ex Para.

Mick

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2010, 10:18:48 pm »

As Bernard has said proof is all.

At times like this I find a mobile phone very handy. Most now have a facility that allows you to record a conversation for later play back, much like a memo machine.

The thing with a mobile is that most people would not suspect you were using it as a recording device to tape their conversation.

A recording of their threats should it happen again would possibly give the police an incentive to interfere under I believe the public order act.

Not quite sure on that one however it is an offence to indulge in behavior likely to cause offence or fear.

Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2010, 10:23:57 pm »

Dear Mick,

My advice to you is this:-

Take formal advice. I cannot say other. Apart from that I will help if I can. You have my attention, but I don't think you need it!

Regards, Bernard.

Patternmaker

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2010, 10:39:42 pm »

As Bernard has said proof is all.

At times like this I find a mobile phone very handy. Most now have a facility that allows you to record a conversation for later play back, much like a memo machine.

The thing with a mobile is that most people would not suspect you were using it as a recording device to tape their conversation.

A recording of their threats should it happen again would possibly give the police an incentive to interfere under I believe the public order act.

Not quite sure on that one however it is an offence to indulge in behavior likely to cause offence or fear.

Colin H.

All covered Colin, I have CCTV above my front door with sound, can be recorded with a flick of a switch, my last encounter is all on tape. 

Thankyou for your kind offer Bernard.

Mick

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2010, 12:10:14 am »

No probs. Mick., just keep this in mind maybe... double click to get full main screen. LOL. B. :-)) :-)) :-))

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2010, 12:14:11 am »

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2010, 11:37:06 am »

This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

>>:-( >>:-( >>:-(
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2010, 02:39:29 pm »

Dear Essex,

Very sorry to hear that, pity as it goes well. Obviously I didn't know anything about this... a friend sent me the Links last night and that is all I know. I hope members who can 'total' view/hear the Links enjoy them though.

Regards, Bernard

Patternmaker

« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2010, 02:52:10 pm »

Outcome,
The other stove has been checked and does comply with current regulations in respect of flue height. They were told to do a test burn today while the EA watched from my garden. The outcome was because of the position of the flue in relation to the ridge of the house and the much higher height of the ridge of the adjoining house is causing the smoke to disperse downwards, when the wind direction is W or SW.  EA have told
the owner that the flue should be extended with a rotating cowl, however they cannot enforce this as the installation meets current regulations but they will take action if it continues to cause a nuisance, which
They stated it clearly does.
The owner has also been warned that they will be monitoring what is being burnt, he has been told that all his stockpile of materials cannot be burnt on his stove.
He came to see me after and apologised for any inconvenience caused, I suggested that he contacted the company who installed it, they should have known with the proximity of the houses there would be a problem and its their responsibility to rectify it.
Reading between the lines I think he will abandon his stove.

Other neighbours have come out from behind their curtains to see what has been going on, saying we soon sorted that out.   

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2010, 03:58:44 pm »

good result :-))
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2010, 05:08:01 pm »

Other neighbours have come out from behind their curtains to see what has been going on, saying we soon sorted that out.

Hmm., Is that We we or You we??

Strange how those that keep their heads below the trench top appear when the fighting stops.

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2010, 06:18:11 pm »

Dear Pattermaker,

A good result and good for you.

The EA are efficient with such things when they see it is genuine, and I thought they would unltimately come up 'with the goods' in your case, and their attention in your matter does you firm justice. Good for them and good for you.

Maybe you will now get some peace and quiet I hope.

Regards, Bernard

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2010, 10:39:11 pm »

Nice one Mick, Well done for sticking to your guns, but there again thats what Paras do.

Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

Patternmaker

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2010, 03:23:06 pm »

Final update, we are now in a smoke free zone, as I thought one has abandoned his stove, he said its to expensive to have the flue changed and the cost of the correct fuel to burn in it.

The other has taken his stove out and in the process of demolishing his Extension, he came to see me again, totally different attitude saying that He did not mean to threaten me and hopes I don't  bear a grudge, he also
Said that if he doesn't demolish the extension the council will do it his cost.
Our council is very hot on planning since Canvey Island has been designated a low Flood risk.

Thanks to all for your helpful contributions.   

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2010, 03:34:37 pm »

Great result- pints all round then is it Mick? %)

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

Patternmaker

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2010, 03:57:19 pm »

What on a pension, sorry Greg I don't drink anyway.

Mick

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2010, 05:12:06 pm »

Worth a try :(( :-))
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2010, 05:55:47 pm »

Dear Patternmaker,

Crikey, didn't expect to hear all of that happening in one go and so quickly! Glad to hear the neighbour made peace as well.

So, all's well that ends well, and all out of the way before Christmas to boot! Always good to hear a satisfactory ending like this - this Topic might be useful to others as well.

Regards, Bernard

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.