Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anyone help ?  (Read 1949 times)

slewis

Can anyone help ?
« on: February 09, 2007, 07:16:07 pm »

Hi there as its my first post in here take it easy with me  ;)

I am looking for plans or a kit for a  Pegasus 3 full size built by Kroege-Werft of Rendsburg in 1974   .
I know there are kits out there with F/G hulls and ABS plastic decks etc . But I would prefer a wooden build as I actually enjoy building and detailing models.

So if you can help shout up !

On a slightly different note I am also interested in building something along the lines of HMS Victory from a static model and converting it to RC use .
Has this been done before ? What if anything should I watch out for if I do try this ? (leaks of course  :D )

Thanks chaps

Shane

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
Re: Can anyone help ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 08:16:10 pm »

People have built (and sailed) ship-rigged vessels -  there's one guy somewhere building one about six feet long. That's the problem. To work effectively as models they have to be pretty big. Start with a Thames barge or a motor sailer if you want to get into scale sale, then work up to HMS Victory!

Rick

slewis

Re: Can anyone help ?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 08:08:53 pm »

Thanks very much for the reply Rick .
I have decided to build my first as a static model and intend it to be HMS FLY .
This I feel will give me a taste of whats expected and will also benefit me in seeing what can be done with these ships.
I think the 6ft jobbies are going to be a bit OTT for me especially in the transporting department.

Thanks again

Shane
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.