Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: its L4..the rescue...  (Read 6243 times)

rathikrishna

Re: its L4..the rescue...
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 11:14:04 am »

Shipmate, i stores all finished models at my grand home,in various sections, for aircraft, ships and boats,tanks,trains,vehicles,and robots.i took it out when i need it for exibitions held by many engineering colleges and aeronautical societies. when i am at home many students come to me to see my crafts and some time i takes classes on it...but most of the students are interested in aeromodeling and in robotics. i know all of you have a nice collections of models...nice...from 1992 to now, i have finished more than 400+ models .still making...

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 06:49:58 pm »

Rathi,
I would love to see just how you get to the finished article.
Some of us are so used to having all the materials that we want (including machinery) that certainly I am in awe of how you get your models finished and working.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

rathikrishna

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 06:25:31 am »

now i am in leave, to compleate my paddler, the ARAYANNAM, means SWAN.soon i will post here a step by step procedure of my model making but with a kind request...you may feel some archaic when you see my method of model making..its not ith balsa, or teak, or ith costlier stuffs..but i hope it can help some friends some looking for a cheaper way to build a model..but works nicely...i can make a full functioning model within 4 dollrs here inc its radio controller...so i hope its a nice ay...(if not apologize..)

rathikrishna

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2010, 01:56:27 pm »

Friends, a professional painter told me to add french chalk powder to putty to get it loose while working..is it feasible to add this with putty, please guide me because its too sad thing that losing a shaped hull..have anyexperience in it..?

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 02:44:53 pm »

Rathi

I suspect your painter friend was talking about linseed oil putty (made from white lead) used for glazing. If so, it would not be suitable as a filler for models. It develops a tough skin after a few days but underneath stays soft for several weeks. Ultimately, when it gets really hard, it tends to shrink and crack.

Sorry - I hope I'm wrong!

Mike

rathikrishna

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 05:23:06 am »

Oh..thanks for the valuable advice.. i am very unwilling to lose my hulls...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.