Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.4ghz conversions !  (Read 15417 times)

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: 2.4ghz conversions !
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 10:27:36 am »

answer    No

yes

no if the TX and rx have the capability

you only get the lower no of channels

peter

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 10:50:05 am »

Peter,

Thanks   O0

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 12:41:42 pm »

2.4 ghz systems are proprietary, and you can't swap manufacturers.

I went the Corona route with my FC16 and am very happy with the performance of the system. I have to stick with Corona receivers, but they're dirt cheap and readily available, and they do a nice range from 4-8 channels, which tallys nicely with the 8-channel TX.

As I like submarines, retaining 40mhz was important to me.

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 03:18:29 pm »

2.4 ghz systems are proprietary, and you can't swap manufacturers.

I went the Corona route with my FC16 and am very happy with the performance of the system. I have to stick with Corona receivers, but they're dirt cheap and readily available, and they do a nice range from 4-8 channels, which tallys nicely with the 8-channel TX.

As I like submarines, retaining 40mhz was important to me.

we are starting to get cheap receiver's for spectrum now from another vendor and people say they work well there are also I believe now some for futaba so things are looking up for people who have been paying a fortune for receivers.

peter

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 07:43:20 pm »

Yes there are cloned receivers appearing for some of the more popular systems, which should encourage the banded makes to lower their prices a bit.

sunworksco

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 09:52:00 pm »

I stand corrected.
I apologise for the misinformation :embarrassed:
Giovanni

triumphjon

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 09:51:51 pm »

despite my not being here for a week , im still in the unsure mode , i dont mind using a soldering iron , but how an earth do i know what to solder to what ? ive opened up my tx , finding a power source isnt a problem as it can be tapped from the power switch ? do i then take the output from where the original wire goes to the telescopic ariel ?

Lord Bungle

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 09:59:53 pm »

is you old system a 40 or a 27 ? would it be better to sell it to a sub enthusiast and use the money to get an 2.4ghz set?

triumphjon

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 10:08:09 pm »

its a 40 mhz hitec flash 4 with model memory and digital trim adjustments ! having looked at the price to convert it and buy the rx its almost as much as buying a new set up from gc !

Chameo

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 10:48:54 am »

Hi triumphjon,

the following links might be interesting. The first shows how to make your rc a 5 channel version, the second shows how to connect a hack module and deactivate the internal HF-module.

1. http://tanwh.blogspot.com/2009/08/hitec-flash-4-sx-radio-transmitter.html

2. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3131412

Hope that helps.

btw: I just converted a simple 8 channel transmitter with the FrSky hack module from GC. The FrSky system seems to be one of the best system on the market because it uses 48 channels for frequency hopping while most other systems use less (Spektrum DSM2 system only uses 2!!!). The more channels are used the less interference there is. Have a look at this review: http://rcmodelreviews.com/frskyreview.shtml

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 11:33:37 am »

Virtually Any TX can be concerted if you have a nice old TX with Good sticks that you want to keep using but are fed up with Xtals, even a two channel i got my last kit for £20 with receiver, I don't want to play subs so I would not want the old channels so it makes it simple, all you need is a + - and a pulse but break the track and also disable the out put to save a little battery power use just removing the the xtal only stops part of the output stage working. I have seen a two channel futaba twin stick that the owner was made up with. I have a pair of old Jr twins I want to do soon they have a nice alloy case and I wont have to plug it in to a pc to do simple servo reversing etc

Peter

Geoff Cropper

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 06:34:11 pm »

Is my Hitec Laser 6 35mhz transmitter capable of conversion to 2.4 Ghz? + receiver.      Many thanks,     Geoff.

Chameo

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 06:53:34 pm »

Hi Geoff,

as HS93 wrote before, most transmitters can be converted. Some by simply changing the HF module, others by adding a DIY hack module. Your TX needs a hack module. Here's a video which shows how to convert it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqGv4nUg5ro

triumphjon

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 09:43:35 pm »

thanks for the links chameo , its ok attacking the tx with the soldering iron IF you know what has to be done and where !

Geoff Cropper

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 02:15:19 pm »

Thanks a lot Chameo,     I've just ordered a Corona kit with Rx included for my hitec laser 6 35mhz from Giant Cod for £21 incl p+p.   Regards  Geoff.

Geoff Cropper

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 04:12:02 pm »

I've just received the Corona 2.4ghz module I ordered the other day and fitted it today.      The installation was easy and straight forward and the bonding proceedure was simple.          All my servos work ok but my Viper Marine ESC is operating the motor on the R/H stick with left & right movement instead of on the R/H stick up & down ratchet throttle movement.     What am I doing wrong?    The Corona 2.4 Rx has channels 1 to 8 but doesn't show which one for battery or ESC to plug into.    I'm using a Hitec Laser 6 Tx.      Can anyone shed any light on this problem.     Many thanks,  regards  Geoff.

Chameo

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 04:44:42 pm »

Use a servo to find out on which channel of your RX the throttle is now and simply plug your ESC in there.

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 05:11:26 pm »

If the ESC has a BEC you wont need a battery
If not just plug battery pack into Ch 8 or any
unused channel

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Geoff Cropper

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 06:28:16 pm »

Thank you both very much indeed, Chameo & Netleyned.       It works perfectly now with the motor on the ratchet stick.     The ESC is now in channel 3, and it does have a BEC so takes its power from the motor battery.    Again, thanks very much, I must have had another senior moment again, sorry.      Kind regards    Geoff.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.