Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TO ALL MH&B SEEKADETT OWNERS  (Read 8442 times)

MOG8

TO ALL MH&B SEEKADETT OWNERS
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:55:23 pm »

TO ALL MH&B SEEKADETT OWNERS.
You probably googled "Seekadett" to find out some informations about the "real" boat as I did, but I couldn't find any thing.
Yet I knew that I had seen this boat before and recently I remembered where: in one of my books!
The book is a 1912 catalogue of steam engines of  the firm ESCHER WYSS & Co., printed in 1913.
I have the intention of scanning the whole catalogue and of sharing it with those who are interested.
I will be glad to know if somebody has found other informations about this steam yacht.

kno3

Re: TO ALL MH&B SEEKADETT OWNERS
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 01:46:52 pm »

That's very kind of you Giovanni. I'd like to see the scans even if I don't have a Seekadett.

JJS

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 05:06:56 pm »

Hi, i have a seekadett modell altrough not yet started to built the model. I also searched for info on the internet without any result. Would be very interested to have a copy of the info

Regards

JJS

bbjs

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 08:10:49 pm »

Hello Giovanni,

Yes very much appreciated !!

As you may know, *the* one missing now... LOL need a big Xmas bonus.
 %% %%

Cheers, Bjorn

Chuffy

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 08:15:27 pm »

A very kind offer of yours Giovanni, I would very much like a scan of that catalogue also. Having finished Topaz in the late summer I propose to start Der Seekadett around Xmas time. Like yourself prior to finding this book, there was little out there. Again many thanks.

Paul.

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 12:54:37 am »

why not just contact Brian he is very helpfull for this kind of info , he must have got his info from somewhere to build the kit ?

Peter

Chuffy

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:00:00 am »

Hi Peter

Having just added Vigilant to Topaz and Der Seekadett I have spoken to him on many occasions over the past eighteen months about reference material and while this publication has been mentioned, not that i believe he has a copy, I haven't had a chance of looking at it. Internet searches have proved futile as Giovanni eludes. Just as an aside though Martin Baylis is trying to produce one or two of his dads (Peter Baylis) PB 2/3 engines from the last remaining parts that are available. I will be getting a PB3 delivered Tuesday of next week , really can't wait to get that in steam. If anyone wants one it might be worth contacting him, Martin Baylis that is to see what the situation is.

Thanks for the pointer anyhow, it's very easy sometimes not to see the wood for the trees.

Paul

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:38:58 pm »

I believe she was the following hullform, along with a couple of others, after Escher Wyss experimented with Trapeziodal hull shapes.

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

Chuffy

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 08:40:55 pm »

Many thanks Giovanni, I'm not being funny in any way but is there any way you can post at a higher DPI even just the pages with a drawing or diagram on,if not no problem as there is a wealth of information in the scans. Again many thanks.

Paul

MOG8

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 10:13:39 pm »

Many thanks Giovanni, I'm not being funny in any way but is there any way you can post at a higher DPI even just the pages with a drawing or diagram on,if not no problem as there is a wealth of information in the scans. Again many thanks.

Paul

Hello Paul and EVERYBODY ELSE  INTERESTED,
I know that there are problems in downloading the images at the full resolution of 300 dpi.
Please  email-me ( arch.giovannisorrentino@gmail.com ) and I will send the complete set @300dpi .
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Cheers,
Giovanni

Chuffy

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 12:55:23 pm »

Once again many thanks to you Giovanni for going that extra mile, the links to all the files were already in my inbox and i'm downloading them at this time.

There was a thread on the forum not so long ago about ,I think, what Mayhem was all about, surly this has got to be one of the best examples.

Paul.

MOG8

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 01:08:46 pm »

Thank you Paul, it was a pleasure.

Mendosherman

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 04:45:27 am »

This is a message to a group that has not posted in a few years.

I have actually uncovered a Marten, Howes & Bayliss Der Seekadett !! unbuilt model !! Kit with Cheddar Gemini engine, boiler etc. Everything is there. I think MH & B stopped making this kit several years ago.

My only question is whether there was more than one drawing for the Seekadett "plans". The kit I uncovered and bought has only one very large sheet full scale size (over 52" long and about 30" tall). The inventory list that came in the kit refers to "drawingS" (ie implying more than one). Having built the MH&B Vigilant, which has about six sheets of drawings, I am guessing/hoping there is more than one Seekadett sheet, because the instructions and only one sheet of drawing leaves a lot unresolved (to my amateur eye).

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 05:15:16 pm »

If you know of anyone your side of the pond that wants's another one "Mint and boxed" with MH&B boiler and all fittings inc a mint unused Peter Bayliss triple, let me know as I'm never going to build this one this side of the pearly gates and you can't even take MH&B with you so I'm told!

Paul.

The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the length of your reach.

Mendosherman

• Shipmate
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 05:30:06 pm »

How much in US dollars for the Seekadett and engine, boiler etc? Serious possible buyer.

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 05:31:53 pm »

Send me your email address by PM and I will contact you.

Paul.
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the length of your reach.

Mendosherman

• Shipmate
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 05:34:57 pm »

Not sure how to do pm

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 07:12:59 pm »

Click on the name of the person you want to PM, to go to their profile, on the left of the page click on send personal message.  :-))

Frederic

• Shipmate
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2020, 11:36:07 am »

Hello there, would it still be possible to receive by email the Marten, Howes & Bayliss Der Seekadett !! unbuilt model !!
 Kit with Cheddar Gemini engine, boiler etc. My email is - email removed - Use PM! - Admin   :-)
 Thank you in advance
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.