Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheerline Akula  (Read 30893 times)

gyronuts

Re: Sheerline Akula
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2011, 04:04:21 pm »

you are of course correct I forgot to pressurise the WTC. Bill
the video http://www.youtube.com/user/gyronuts#p/a/u/0/QGzO0aA9i6g

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2011, 08:34:15 pm »

That blue tinted water does look peculiar. Seems to be doing the trick with the weed though.

thegrimreaper

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2011, 02:52:41 pm »

Looks realy sweet Bill. I wish that the water at New Brighton and Hoylake was as clear as that

Regards Mark

thegrimreaper

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2011, 09:33:45 am »

Was out on Sunday at New Brighton had a good couple of hours with the AKULA running really sweet few of pics for your perusal

Patrick Henry

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2011, 09:56:58 am »

Looking good Mark...very good indeed.

gyronuts

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2011, 04:01:15 pm »

new masts fitted. They are floats from the fishing shop. Bill

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2011, 04:10:18 pm »

Where do you keep the maggots? %%

thegrimreaper

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2011, 04:58:46 pm »

never mind the maggots have you seen the size of the magic mushroom in the pic what a smoke that would be ha ha ha

Mark

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2011, 05:04:13 pm »

I see, so you can get stoned whilst fishing too!

gyronuts

« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2011, 04:18:17 pm »

some more shots of the boat.
Still have a slight leak in the front compartment.
Bill

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2011, 09:07:21 am »

Hi Gyro.
If you have given the dive unit a slight positive pressure with your bike pump and found no visible leaks around the unit, the only other way you can get any water in there will be a slight 'nick' in the silicone ballast tank feed pipe. This can occurr when the pipe is initially pushed onto the brass tank fitting, the tube can be damaged right next to the edge of the pipe so it's worth checking this. if this is found to be the case, simply chop the tube at this point and carefully re-fit it.
Because the pump line is a high pressure feed, it exceedes the light pressure you have in the dive unit compartments and therefore will deposit water there when the pump is run.
Regards.
Chris

Davy1

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2011, 11:51:45 am »

Very good advice from Chris.

I must admit I've dropped the bike pump now and use my lungs. I always carry them with me!

Might just be me, but I was always slight worried about over - pressurizing things with a bike pump?

thegrimreaper

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2011, 02:32:52 pm »

I also use my lungs on my U47 due to the location of the valve on said submarine but when it comes to the Akula I always give her 3 squirts with a mini bike pump wait for about 30 seconds then depress the valve to release a bit of the pressure then away we go into the water and touching wood here never had a problem can go back to the pond the following weekend and the boat still has plenty of pressure in her for that sailing got to say dont be afraid of using a pump just be aware of how many time you pump yer pump and just make sure you havent over presuured her by releasing a bit works for me and my Akula 2011 model 

Regards Mark

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2011, 07:52:45 pm »

I had a telephone call from one of my old clients the other day, he is a submariner and had bought a Trafalgar class sub from me about three or four years ago. He took it with him to the deep dive test tank and whilst practicing escape drills  took it down to thirty feet (you read it correctly).. thirty feet!! She came up slowly to begin with and on removal and inspection was found to be dry as a bone inside.
Now thats what I call a well built boat but I definately wouldn't recommend you try this at home!! %)
I would stick to the bike pump as a pressurising medium, the air you pump into the dive unit will be less moist than that which emanates from your lungs so you would be much less likely to get misting on the inside of the clear end caps.
 I also wouldn't recommend using the lungs method with a heavy cold!!!!! :embarrassed:

thegrimreaper

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2011, 08:49:58 am »

the designer of the U47 could never of thought of a bike pump to presure the sub I say this because their is 2 screws to undo then a strugle to get a bike pump onto the valve on my U47 I have a piece of silicon tube from the valve to a hollow rivet where the exhaust outlet would be I put a peice of brass tube with silicon tube attached and blow until pressured seems to work for me (photos to follow)  as long as you let the boat air out when you have finished as you say chris this stops damp or even a build up of condensed water. Would be a bit of a b**l ache to strip U47 down at the pond to pressure here where as the design of the AKULA allows pump pressurisation at the pool side no problem

Regards Mark

Davy1

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 09:25:52 am »

Thank you all.
I am reassured.
Now where is that bike pump!

thegrimreaper

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2011, 12:34:08 pm »

You tube link to my AKULA running with no problems what so ever leveler working grate periscope depth just right and a nice feather wake made up

ohh yeah just a bit of pump pressure in the wtc lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-I-_qyY9pU

MikeW

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2011, 01:04:01 pm »

Looks like she sails very well and stable. I am thinking about getting this kit or an Engel Akula/Lafayette kit. Where is that boating pond is you dont mine asking?

Patrick Henry

thegrimreaper

« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2011, 02:49:13 pm »

Looks like she sails very well and stable. I am thinking about getting this kit or an Engel Akula/Lafayette kit. Where is that boating pond is you dont mine asking?

The pond is the new one at New Brighton been open a few months now

Regards Mark

thegrimreaper

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2011, 12:57:04 pm »

Bit to close for a torpedo launch I think

http://youtu.be/lSRCoivA_uQ
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.