Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Its FR8..the fire and crash tender...VIDEO...  (Read 6316 times)

rathikrishna

Its FR8..the fire and crash tender...VIDEO...
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:54:30 pm »

friends..i was inspired by one photograph of a respected friend, on MBMH, so i finished this craft...its based on 20% actual design and 80 % imagination...

rathikrishna

Re: ring..ring..ring..its FR8..ohh the fire craft..give way...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 02:55:43 pm »

its finished in 1:35th scale and by expanded polystrene and papers..

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 02:56:50 pm »

you may feel it as crude while comparing your crafts, but i hope i have done some thing...

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 02:58:39 pm »

and i am posting intermitently because of my connection..it will not support a heavy load..its a remote village...apologize..my craft is totaly controlled by toy rc system based on Rx and Tx 2B micro chips.

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 03:01:07 pm »

the main motor was a 3 volt motor, but i rewonded it to 7.2 volts, so it will not perform well but not blowing off...the speed controller is based on TIP 3055 PT, and its base voltage was controlled by a potentiometer turned by a toy gear box, in either direction by foreward and reverse funtion of RX 2B.

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 03:02:42 pm »

the water pump was taken from a car windshield washer and replaced its winding to 6 volts.entire craft was powered by a 6 volt 3.2 amps battery..

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 03:03:53 pm »

and to control the heavy duty pump, i used a 6 volts relay activated by turbo function of the RX 2B.

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 03:05:19 pm »

i used a centrifugal universal thrust pump at bow, and a conventional rudder system at back...both mechanism is driven by toy motors..

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 03:07:12 pm »

because of the thrust pump i can simply control the craft with pinpoint accuracy...the main motor was cooled by a turbine driven by motor itself so after running an hour it stayed cool...

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 03:08:58 pm »

and sure i am thanking one of the great friend in MBMH, one ho adviced to use soldering lead wires for the portholes and same uses..so i made the wiper assy at front glass by solder lead ire..its too easy..

rathikrishna

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 03:10:47 pm »

yes..i finished it in to signal red,not spray but enemel, by brush...the siren made from COB IC, and winch from a gear csraped from an old tape recorder...

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 03:14:22 pm »

oh..you may feel some funny things on me...you may never seen a fire craft like this one..so i told you its purely based on my imagination...so please dont laugh at me..i am posting this stuff here not o help others with my silly craft, but to get help from all veterans to make my crafts even more worthier...any suggestions and guidance are welcome..with bowing my head..

Lord Bungle

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 03:15:40 pm »

wow you have done it again, another stunning model :-)

rathikrishna

Its FR8..the fire and crash tender...VIDEO...
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 03:19:55 pm »

Friends..my server at internet cafe is not responding to my postings..so i am adding a second post to add my video of my fire craft here..its not for boasting, but to seek more guidance and advice from you all veterans..if you feel anything wrong with my craft , never forget to advice me to rectify it..why..? i have to, because i will be a full time model maker soon..so i have to make true crafts..without any foul..its a request...so watch a short video here..i am not an expert in video editing..so some sequence may be not apropriate..apologize..its the link..   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fImQzDac3WQ

rathikrishna

Re: Its FR8..the fire and crash tender...VIDEO...
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 03:20:57 pm »

some more pics..

rathikrishna

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 03:22:44 pm »

Sir..if you have any suggestions to me about my crafts please never forget to indicate..so i know all you are graced people..so getting any advice from you all are a grace again...thank you..

pugwash

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 03:29:56 pm »

Rathi Your models are well made and if you made one up from you imagination that is up to you - don't forget
as well as a skill modelmaking is for fun so do what you like.  I couldn't do half the things you do - I wouln't know where
to start in rewilding a motor to alter the voltage required. Well done.
Geoff

rathikrishna

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 03:39:36 pm »

Good evening Sir..and thanks for the suggestions..i learned most of the things myself because of my helplessness...here i born in a very remote village and my companions was agriculture machines as my community is totaly related to farming..but i escaped with my job, like my Papa, Mamma and siblings,  as a avionics engineer..any how at my native place i cant get amy motors and batteries  etc..if i want to buy anything i have to drive more than 600 kms from my home..at Chennai.so i learned all things myself...and second most sad issue is gender...as i am a woman its too hard to work freely in out...so even now i ill get enough beats from my Mom as the time is 9 o clock night here...my driver brother is waiting me outside..i am at cafe 30 kms from my home..so have to drive back..sorry for no..i am going back...good night...

tony52

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 03:48:23 pm »

Please don't worry about anyone laughing at your craft -- far from it!! Your models are to be admired and are certainly not 'silly craft'.

Well done again.
Tony.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 04:11:45 pm »

That looks like quite a feat of engineering you've crammed in there.  I like the bow thruster and there are not many of us who would get involved in rewinding our motors.  Great job and a great model which probably cost you very little to put together.

I think the ladder might just cause some stability problems in use but, as you say, in our imagination we can do anything!
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 04:49:21 pm »

Scratch building to the max... excellent stuff.
Bosun
bosunsmodelboats.com

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 05:38:16 pm »

Hi Rathikrishna,

My compliments on your boat!
It looks very nice on the water and the use of scrap material is impressive.

Keep it up!

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 05:48:33 pm »

Rathi

Another brilliant example of your skill and resourcefulness! Well done.

Mike

kiwi

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 06:01:24 pm »

Hi Rathikrishna,
That fireboat is absolutely brilliant. You have a great imagination. To use the available materials as you have and your skills with electronics is wonderful.
Just wish I had at least half your skills. And model making is the great leveller, doesn't matter if your male or female, just your imagination and skills to translate your ideas into your model count. Having lived in various counties, some where model boat building is virtually unheard of, and balsa not available, has lead me to now use materials I never even knew about when I was young and first starting out.
Well done, and wish you every success in whatever venture you undertake
cheers
kiwi

bassplayer1

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 12:58:47 am »

Rathi you're unbelievable!!! I'm speachles!!! Great job! Huts of to you my friend!
                                                                                                              Respects Yannis
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.