Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie to modeling  (Read 1549 times)

PeteD937

Newbie to modeling
« on: November 23, 2010, 09:57:32 am »

Hello Mayhemers and All,
I was encouraged to post a quick "stand-up and tell us your name and a bit about your interests" log.
We have recently moved our family to a new home which is opposite a duck/boating pond. This is frequented by a couple of clubs i think and i have seen some great boats of all shapes and sizes. i have the bug. i like fast boats, if it has an engine i like it to go fast! thats what i used to think. now i have seen some of the scale models on the water, wow. i would love to build a scale mtb one day, but first things first. I bought a couple of "toys" from a recent sale one of the clubs had on at the pond for £25 the pair not working but nice shapes etc. i came on to learn a bit about motors, i have read at great length the Brushed/brushless debate. It took a while but once i started i had to keep going, great infomation. I want to turn my "toys" as the guy who sold them to me put it, into models. so for now i will keep looking, and learning and i will get the measurement of the boats together put down in word what i think i want to do and maybe some of you guys out there could stop me making too many mistakes first go. I also love sail and do both on the water full scale .
Great site and looks like great people from what i have seen.

Peter

tonysmoke

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Newbie to modeling
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 10:01:40 am »

welcome Pete you will get all the help you need here,
t le b

harinell

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 10:08:46 am »

Hello Good Morning
welcome Pete, to a great information site, you ask and you receive all the information you want, and its mainly friendly to.

chingdevil

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 10:44:43 am »

Pete

Post us a couple of pictures of your toys as well as what you want to do, there is a wealth of information on here and most of us do not bite {-) {-) {-) {-)

Brian

Lord Bungle

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 11:31:30 am »

welcome to the site, there is some good knowledge on here.

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 04:04:36 pm »

Hello Peter.Its great to have you join us.Wish i had a pond so near to where i live.Glad to hear that already mayhem has been
of help to you.Ive leant a lot since joining. John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 23 queries.