Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS IRON DUKE  (Read 22818 times)

Ron1

Re: HMS IRON DUKE
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2008, 10:54:59 pm »

more

GaryM

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2008, 04:01:17 am »

Beautiful model and beautiful photo's Ron. O0

regards
Gary :)

TCC

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 10:11:14 am »

Hi RonH,

I started the same model some years ago but need info to finish.

Do you have any detail about the boat conrol platform fixtures? and the fittings for the Searchlight control area?

Oh, and hello to all, my first post this forum.

J.

Don't these boas have the twin 36in searchlight? I saw a pic of a single the other day and that had dials on it, 2! Won't these on-light dials 'contol' them? Or are you talking about a 'global' control? Sort of like director firing for the main guns? The main director moves pointers and the gun layers move their controls until their pointer matches the 'master' [directors]?

That what you mean? I too have a vested iterst in this era. It's a pity Rons is 1;(6 as my 1:144 Lion would look great sailing next to it (though I hope Ron doesn't get overawed with my build quality (and the models not bad either) :-)

TCC

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 10:52:56 am »

more

Hey Ron
I'm pretty impressed here. As I'v said, I'm a good 95% of the way through building HMS LION, I started mid 93 and stopped about late94-mid 95 and since then it's sat on a self gathering dust and tobacco stains. I got it out the other week to show someone and decided to keep it down and finally finish it.

Hey, I have a load of q's if you'd run your eyes down them and pick off those you think you can answer. I'll start a new thread in this forum, thanks. Nice build and I'm really curious to know a few things.

Any chance to see a pic of your paravane chains as they enter the foredeck? How didyou fix them? Mine go around two bollards along the centreline.

How did you make your flags? [I'm also looking for someone to design me a meaningful signal to hang on LIONs halyards... nothing rude though! :-) Something maybe that Beatty had said, y'know.

Have you got paravanes on that boat, how big are they?

I see you went for the blue admirals barge. I too thought they were that nice dark-mid blue. But I've seen a N Ough Adm'ls barge that has a green hull. Anyone know what LION had?

You're having trouble with searchlight controls, my 'haven't a clue' is a 'sounding machine'? It's a mechanical device in lieu of a man swinging the lead. There's a boom too!

Oh there's too many Q's... have a look at my thread, thanks.
Paul

TCC

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2008, 04:42:05 pm »

Hi Ron
Thought you'd like to see this:

It'a from one of those 'history of ships' books with no caption, there may be a credit in the back if you're interested in the builder/location?

My best

Tiny69

• Full Mayhemer
    • Tiny's Modelling Site
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2013, 09:49:34 pm »

In memory of my Dad who passed away on the 13th September 2013 I would like to add a video of his model the Iron Duke in her new home at the Cayzer Building, London. The model was donated to Nick Jellicoe, Grandson of John Jellicoe, Captain of the Iron Duke at the Battle of Jutland in 1916.

Rest in Peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVG-BInRNNQ
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.