Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TO BUY AN EASY CAMERA...  (Read 2238 times)

rathikrishna

TO BUY AN EASY CAMERA...
« on: January 16, 2011, 07:31:31 am »

Friends..i am willing to clear one more doubt here...as i know many much veterans are here to advice...now i holds 9 camers with me, hile three of them are film based.all my cameras are in good quality and from respected companies. i purchased it all for my work, related to journalism, and environmental , and Red Cross concern.  now i face a huge head ache...most of my digital cameras are in high resolution..even in the lowest setup, the still picture goes more than 5 to 6 Mb.so i struggle to reduce its size a lots...and the video is also a great head ache, as one minute file goes to 24 to 30 Mb..in AVI mode.so i purchased two more for less price..but none of then is ...so can anyone suggest about a camera, that can give me a good big picture while it goes only in to 1 Mb almost...and can anyone suggest a way to reduce the size of the HD video, without using Adobe Video software..? in to 4.3 aspect ratio..?  please...any veterans...Rathi

wbeedie

Re: TO BUY AN EASY CAMERA...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 10:38:34 am »

Panasonic Lumix or Canon powershots both give good low resolution pictures and are cheap enough to own well in the UK anyway

Timo2

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 10:47:48 am »

Hi Rathi

A very good bit of software is

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/?from=virsetup3

Great for forum uploads

Timo2

P.S.  Help you save money it,s  FREE

LarryW

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 11:17:40 am »

HI RAHI get a panasonic lumex or go up to a NIKON 300 its a first class user friendly camera  and as good range of lens.
 a good resizer is POSTIMAGE .ORG and it be  can got on mayhem  site ........DONT FORGET  to take the lens cap off {-)     Larry...

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:23:13 am »

I've always found this site helpful:  http://www.steves-digicams.com/
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 01:01:53 pm »

I use my old 6mp camera, but most of the time (unless I know I will want to digital zoom) I set the image size to 640 x 480 pixels. I get hundreds of photos on a memory card at a good enough quality (aesthetically) to print at postcard size. But there are several higher qualities before I reach 6mp.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 07:17:17 pm »

I've just bought myself a nice little cheapish camera. Olympus X-44, 14mega pixel with 5x optical zoom,big display loads of functions,easy to use. Very impressed with it so far. Bought with 8gb SD card-£72 Argos. Dave.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 08:08:19 pm »

Wheres the nearest Argos to Kerala?
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 09:36:40 pm »

Ha, ha. South East coast I guess. Thought others may be interested in a good little camera. Dave.

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 09:39:03 pm »

Plenty of camera and electronics shops in Candolim in Goa......the cameras will be cheaper there than here, Argos or not.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 02:02:45 am »

If you are wanting to use the camera for modelling, I found that having the Macro lens feature essential.
I used it a lot for close up pictures. My cheap digital compact also has a Super Macro that lets me close in to 1cm.

By compact camera I mean cameras that are slightly bigger than the pocket cameras that have a zoom lens.
Like the Fuji Finepix S5500 in the picture, I think it has 10x optical zoom. This model is fairly cheap now. But there are others, like one of the Cannons with 35x optical zoom.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 05:03:14 am »

Wheres the nearest Argos to Kerala?...will you elaborate this..Malcom..?  now i got some idea..and a million thanks for the high valuable links..software...i tried many dutypaid shops near me, but none of the cameras are in good quality..most of them are keeping the Cybershots with them, and most of them are out of capable of zooming and Macro.and all my cameras are much bigger and heavy...and resolution is far greater..so its too hard to compress it..it will take a whole night to compress around 20 photos..in to 100 Kb..ohh..so i hope i can go for Panasonic, or Fuji..thanks for the valuable advices...

And yes i am 1000% thankfull to our Administrator, for the link..now i am on it, and i could find many reviews there....thank you..have a nice day all my Friends...god may bless us..to make more and more models...

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 08:05:19 am »

Argos is the name of a popular shop in the UK. They sell lots of stuff at good prices, there is a shop in most places. Dave. :)

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 09:52:31 am »

Oh..thanks for the information 6..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.