Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forward/Reverse brushless speed controllers.  (Read 5419 times)

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Forward/Reverse brushless speed controllers.
« on: November 29, 2010, 11:06:01 am »

Hi all

Apart from Giant Cod (who are always showing no stock) are there any other good suppliers of esc,s that are reasonably priced?  I am after three 40amp rated speed controllers...

Thanks

Russ

Timo2

Re: Forward/Reverse brushless speed controllers.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:21:58 am »

Hi Russell

ESC   for   Fast Electric or Scale

Timo2

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 11:42:56 am »

I need these for a 48inch Brave Borderer MTB...

Thanks

Russ

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 12:01:58 pm »

Timo2

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 12:48:23 pm »

Hi Russell

Hobbyking unit rebagde Seawing

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7377

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9103     Euro.

Full list at   http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=256

http://www.hobbywing.com/english/Product.asp?BigClassName=Brushless%20System%20for%20Boat

Timo2

triumphjon

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:24:26 pm »

ive fitted a pair of fusion tornados  in a model recently from  , www.logicrc.com , fully programable without having to use pc . very happy with the performance that they have delivered . now looking to purchase a pair for my own fairey spear / fairey huntsman 31 that im currently building .

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 09:47:02 pm »

ive fitted a pair of fusion tornados  in a model recently from  , www.logicrc.com , fully programable without having to use pc . very happy with the performance that they have delivered . now looking to purchase a pair for my own fairey spear / fairey huntsman 31 that im currently building .

Just out off interest why is it a problem programming a speed controller with a pc, I have tried all thesse beep methouds and the cards and found the castle Creation programing the simplest you plug in you have a menu it tels you what you have and what you can change it to  then hit the button finished we very rarely Change settings unless we Change motor's.

Peter

john44

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 10:24:49 pm »

Hi Russ' all electric rc do the navy forward & reverse in 40 & 70 amp. As on the Shamrock. I think the are doing a water cooler for them as well.

John

triumphjon

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 10:37:28 pm »

hi hs93 , its probably just me as im not very competent using a computer !

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 10:52:52 pm »

triumphjon , once you have used one it is so simple. we thought it may be a pain but after a few programing cards we tried on other controllers I would not go back, although the Jeti ones are Good but not cheap this is so simple simple program usb plug in and you can update the softwear on your controller, also some controllers will give you a read out of amps and volts and a trace of your runs so you know how good your set up is and if you need a smaller or bigger prop.
I  know a lot off people don't like pc but I hope in  the near future they become more friendly as I think they may be comming more and more used in our day to day life and modeling, like this
peter

triumphjon

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 11:19:54 pm »

after an initial check with logic , i found the set up was easy , id been supplied with the programmer from fusion , its a plug in and follow the steps along the sequence type unit , it will also record data from its last run . this was my first venture into the world of brushless motors and the task was being carried out for wokingkev ( my girlfreinds brother whos just starting in boats ) so having the programmer already i shall use another pair when i fit some brushless motors into my lastest builds a pair of fairey marine vessels 1 spear & 1 huntsman 31 aft cabin i may also upgrade my 1/12th huntsman 28 to brushless at a later date , its currently running a pair of 6 volt speed 400s .

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 12:38:26 am »

can you get the huntsman on the plane with the twin 400s as we a friend of mine is thinking of going twin and we need to know what will do it, he has it going good on a single so need to know the difference. have you any video

peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.