Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: atlantic 21/75 Trailer  (Read 4860 times)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
atlantic 21/75 Trailer
« on: December 03, 2010, 01:08:54 am »

Hi all, has anyone got a set of plans or drawings, for a launching cradle/trailer for an R.N.L.I. Atlantic 21 or 75 they could kindly let me have a copy of please. This is for the twin axle version. I plan to build one, to hold my 1/12th scale model,but only for show, and not a working model.
Many Thanks, all replies appreciated!

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
Re: atlantic 21/75 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 12:18:59 pm »

Hi there, got no plans but have some good quality pics taken outdoors of Hayling Islands Lifeboat trailer, tractor with and without the boat from various angles? I took them last year on their open day. Think they've got an Atlantic 85 though, very similar trailers though? They're made by Clayton Engineering based in Wales. Could also contact Mrs J.Durman at RNLI engineering and see if they can help, Dave.  :-))

Manufacturer: http://www.claytonengineering.co.uk/
RNLI Engineering  jdurman@rnli.org.uk,

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 12:53:22 pm »

Hi, thanks for that reply. I have just E mailed Clayton Engineering, and hope they will come up with some plans for me. I may be in further contact re the photos !.
Cheers,
Mick

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 02:37:31 pm »

Number 6

Your a little out of date with your contact at the RNLI. The contact for modellers is now Louise Chapman Louise_Chapman@rnli.org.uk

Rottweiler

You might want to check up on which trailer you are asking about. Is it the one that is used with a tractor or the one used with a winch on a slipway they are both tiwn axle ?
There are a number of designs of trailer for the Atlantic's and some modified specificly for the location they are used at.

You might find some pictures on the gallery on www.lifeboats24-7.co.uk

Regards

John

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 02:56:28 pm »

thanks John, I should have asked you personally! You know who I am I think!! Was going to do the Falmouth slipway trailer,as I have measurements and photos of that! But I want the trailer to be towed by my unimog, so without many adaptions, the GFalmouith  slipway launcher, with attached frontispiece would not be suitable. Ok so I am not a purist like some modellers. Have you sorted out that Lizzie Ann superstructure rebuild yet my friend ?
Cheers,
Mick

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 03:22:29 pm »

Been a while since I ordered any plans off RNLI. Some pics below of Hayling Islands trailer, it is Atlantic 85 though. They're reduced in quality for them to be uploaded, if you PM me with your address I'll send you a disc with them on, and some more. Cheers, Dave.  :-))

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 03:50:38 pm »

Ok, for those thanks Dave. Next query...how do they get the boat on to the trailer ? Is it driven in stern first, or towed in stern first? There is only one drawbar on the trailer, so  as the bow of the boat is at the opposite end to that, it must be stern first? Help!!!

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 04:20:07 pm »

Watched them doing it, looks like fun, basically manouvered it into the trailer under power (took couple of goes) then couple of guys tied it off so it wouldn't re-launch itself then steadily drove up the beach and it settled itself into position. They made it look easy but bet it isn't! Dave

You tube clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6f_Kccz6xA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9dDxfqzNaU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsGD2QWFryo&feature=related

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 09:49:17 pm »

thanks John, I should have asked you personally! You know who I am I think!! Was going to do the Falmouth slipway trailer,as I have measurements and photos of that! But I want the trailer to be towed by my unimog, so without many adaptions, the GFalmouith  slipway launcher, with attached frontispiece would not be suitable. Ok so I am not a purist like some modellers. Have you sorted out that Lizzie Ann superstructure rebuild yet my friend ?
Cheers,
Mick

Hi Mick I have worked out the design for building the Moulds for Lizzie Ann wheelhouse. I have a few discrepancies in the drawings I have so will be paying a visit to Mable A with a tape measure. Nothing like having access to the real thing to get it right.

As to your question of how they recover Atlantic's as you can see  here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqC3_TRWggA they drive the boat on bow first and get it out the water. once hard standing they put a jack-up turn table under the boat lift the boat of the trailer drive the tractor and trailer forward from under the boat turn the boat around and reverse the trailer back under the boat so its ready to go on the next shout.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 01:34:24 am »

Hi Johno, thanks for reply! I have some photos of Mabel Alice, from all sorts of angles,if you want copies ? No measurements tho,sorry ! quick reminder, that I would gladly have the lizann top that you are scrapping ! Cheers,
Mick

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 01:10:09 pm »

MABEL ALICE THE ARUN ?- I HAVE A  OAD OF PICTURES FROM OUR TRIP OUT ON HER IF YOU WANT THEM ?

PM ME IF INTERESTED
all in all its just another brick in the wall......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.