Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banks...don't you just love them!  (Read 2264 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Banks...don't you just love them!
« on: December 04, 2010, 11:38:38 pm »

Sent: Sunday, 5 December 2010 10:16 AM
To: w.niggel@....
Subject: Banks......don't you just love them!

Hi Winfried….this is how the banks make their money…………..they electronically deducted my AUD $89.76 from my account just after midnight Saturday 04.12….but will take 3 days to deposit the same  €64,70 in your account……………………………………………………..computers are really fast at removing $....by very slow in depositing € …or am I just cynical?......................Derek

From: service@paypal.com.au [mailto:service@paypal.com.au]
Sent: Sunday, 5 December 2010
To: Derek Warner
Subject: You just sent a payment to Winfried Nnnnnl

Your echeque payment has been sent   Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Derek W,
Thanks for using PayPal. Your eCheck will take a few days to clear (similar to the way a paper check clears), and your recipient should have the money by Mmmmmmm, 8. Dezember 2010.
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
Winfried Nnnnnnl
........ Deutschland
w.nnnnnl@....   Note to Winfried Niggel
You haven't sent a note.
Shipping address
PO BOX 00000,
Australia

Description   Unit price   Qty   Amount      
-Modellbau-  €64,70   1   €64,70      

Subtotal   €64,70      
Total    €64.70 EUR
Payment sent to W Nnnnnl
From amount   $89,76 AUD
To amount   €64.70 EUR

Exchange rate: 1 AUD = 0.720811 EUR

Invoice ID
Thanks,
PayPal  

( Transaction details removed, just in case there are any trolls browsing by - Admin )
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RaaArtyGunner

Re: Banks...don't you just love them!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 06:35:41 am »

Derek,

C'mon mate give them a go, how do you expect them to make such obscene profits if they don't rip off all their customers. %) %) %)

In truth the pollies are at fault as they deregulated the banks. Some  stupid comment about competition will keep them competitive. <*< <*<

What competition.  <:( <:(

Try this, personally go and deposit a couple of thousand in cash at your bank, go back 15 minutes later and see if you are able to draw it out without first giving notice so they can have the cash on hand.
What happened to your cash you just deposited earlier ???????????? {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

PS, Change to building society  but not banks. :police:

Mark47

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 04:20:15 pm »

I use my basic account for modelling goods and materials (that's all). I placed an order with a vendor for £70 odd. I then noticed I had forgot 1 (yes ONE tin of paint 99p). Because the vendor wanted a second postage I decided in my wisdom to go order somewhere else with cheaper postage. I ordered said paint with the odds left in my modelling account. Total price £2.08.

A fraudulent company, did a test withdrawl And left me with no money in account for paint, I uncured a charge.

On not receiving my paint (waiting two weeks because of the weather) I contacted the company to find no paint was paid for, they made four other attempts to get the money. (What's the point in supplying a contact number)! That afternoon 4 letters came through the door (another 4 charges for failed payment). I phoned the bank to ask what was going on and reported fraud because I had not ordered anything from the company that lifted the cash. Waiting on a call for the next day (fraud department), it never came. I called the bank again to find although the cash was suspended from my available balance the company never actually took it, so NO FRAUD WAS COMMITED!

Because of the bank charges (£15 each time) my account had went into unauthorised over draft. incurring another charge (£20) <*<. Then the next day I recieved a letter to tell me they are charging interest on the over draft. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

A £2.08 tin of paint has now cost £94.37 paint included. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

The bank will do nothing about it. I cannot close my account until all charges are paid. If they are not I will continue to be charged interest!

This is the power of the HALIFAX/BANK OF SCOTLAND. I'm really glad I have done all my business (except mortgage and Loans) through them for 31 years. >>:-( >>:-(

Bleeping TOP  THAT!

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 04:58:23 pm »

Sky TV are good at that one too
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Nordsee

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:54:04 pm »

TSB are pretty crafty as well, I phoned and asked them to Electronic Transfer some cash from my UK Savings Account to our German account. No problem, then she told me the Exchange Rate Pound to Euro, 1 pound and 6 cents. Present Rate for today is 1. 19. Commision she said, then she told me the Telephone Service cost 20 pounds a time, and that it will take 3 working days to get the money on my German account. Why? Electronic is instant, so why 3 days? Any bank people out there who can explain this? Of and the call is an 0845 number, so Premium rate, they get you all ways! >>:-(

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 11:21:01 am »

Hi Nordsee, just as an aside I always go to the   saynoto 0845 website before dialing an 0845 or similar number.  At least half the time you can get an old number, I pay £7.25 per month for the <1 hour 'free' calling.

I also had a run in with Halifax.  They refused payment to Paypal and I had an automated note to contact the bank.  I rang my local one and asked what I should do.  The, I presume young, man there said it was not his problem!!! ( Halifax had paid a direct debit to Paypal about a year before with no problem)  I said how can I arrange payment to Paypal.  He said he had never heard of Paypal and then he said he did not like my attitude!  I was being very patient as well.  I said I did not like his and hoped that this was being recorded.
The upshot was he put the phone down on me and I now bank with Nationwide.  It was so simple to transfer my direct debits and all done in a pleasant manner, all over in a week or so.

The Which customer service survey has Halifax way down below 50%, and they deserve it too.
regards Roy

pugwash

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 11:33:21 am »

Hi Roy we had exactly the same problems with Halifax and did the same and moved to Nationwide - all banking now done on line
we only go into the branch once a year to update the ISAs but they couldn't be more helpful - course they are Geordies
Geoff

mickyrubble

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 07:29:24 pm »

Hi,
 i used the Halifax for years with no problems, then they became a bank, adopted bank attitudes and lost my custom.Now I'm also with the Nationwide building society and cant ask for better service
mickyrubble
 :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Nordsee

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 02:40:24 pm »

Following up on my previous Post, Today still no money on our Account, so phoned Bank. Was told there had been no transaction on the date. I gave them the Ref nr and after a long wait was told my Security Code was out of date. I then had to call another number and talk to a Scotchish lady with a difficult accent, and give details of my passport etc. Finally she confirmed the amount will be sent tomorrow, be to us next Tuesday. Shudder to think what the phone costs will be, 26 minutes all told.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.