Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New build-Club 500 class  (Read 25601 times)

F1 madness

New build-Club 500 class
« on: December 06, 2010, 10:50:32 am »

The boat club iv joined locally to me were on about having their own 500 series class,and asked me if i would like to design somthing for them.
We spoke some more and could nt decide on what style of hull they wanted and left it upto me,so what i decided was if i was to design and build 3 types of hull then we could put it to the vote.
They wanted somthing a little more modern than the brushed series cab cruiser style that nearly all the other clubs run.
The 3 types of hull im working on is a cat,F1 and a mono but these would be designed to run all the same motor,esc,prop,and hardware (strut and rudder assembly) etc.
Iv got do it as cheap as possible for it to be cost effective for the members.
This is what iv got so far:
Hor hardware.
31mm prop
80amp rc max esc
2845,3600 kv,watercooled inrunner motor but also looking at a 450 Heli 2415-07T Brushless Motor 3850kv
2s 3000mah 35c Lipo
iv also got HOR water cooled mount if we decide to go outrunner motor as well as just a normal mount.
Still got to decide whether to use a standard servo or mini servo either which will be metal geared.
Heres the pics of the 1st im building.
Hardware:

F1 madness

Re: New build-Club 500 class
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 10:51:21 am »

500 Cat:

Gonna skin the deck and make a start on the canopy today,will post more pics later ;)

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:14:33 am »

Hi

You have a PM

Russ

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:40:42 am »

That's a great looking hull!  :-))

1. A stepped hull my be a bit tricky for most modellers... unless you are planning to vac-form the hull.
2. What is the cost of the hardware you gathered?

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

F1 madness

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 11:55:18 am »

That's a great looking hull!  :-))

1. A stepped hull my be a bit tricky for most modellers... unless you are planning to vac-form the hull.
2. What is the cost of the hardware you gathered?

Cheers mart.
The plan is to mould and make fibreglass versions as this will cut the build time down and the cost.
The cost of all the hardware is £55,without the motor and escs,but in talks with a surplier to hope fully reduce the cost even more,it will just be the delivery time from HK.
The motor in pic was £16 and the 80amp esc is £20,but if i use the outrunner thats only £9 and the batts are £13 but again in talks with some surpliers to see if i can get them cheaper.

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 12:00:29 pm »

Why not just race one off the classes that are ther now ? you will be stuck with a boat that can only be raced at your own club, Club 500 is a cheap class with all the hulls coming from one supplier and are very cheap, you must have a good club if people want top spend that kind of money for a boat, have you tried club 500 yet there are a lot of clubs you can go to race them.

peter

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 12:01:16 pm »

I think cost are going to be important in tempting people to build them., hence why the Slipway Club500 is so popular.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 12:06:33 pm »

I think they will look spot on Daz, put my name down for one  :-))

Russ

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 12:14:37 pm »

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 12:38:19 pm »

Why not just race one off the classes that are ther now ? you will be stuck with a boat that can only be raced at your own club, Club 500 is a cheap class with all the hulls coming from one supplier and are very cheap, you must have a good club if people want top spend that kind of money for a boat, have you tried club 500 yet there are a lot of clubs you can go to race them.

peter

I didnt see him mention a price for these hulls yet?,before making stetements like that why not let him get one built then once he has the moulds for them he can determine what the costs will be for each fibreglass hull.If this hull is withing the rules i see no reason why he shouldnt be able to sell a lot of them,looks like a nice cat hull to me,good to see someone doing something different.If your other designs are anything to go by i think you will have a winner on your hands and once people see them go you will be snowed under with orders im sure.
Mart

F1 madness

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 12:40:13 pm »

peter

Hey bud hear what your saying but me and some of the guys think things need to brought more upto date, + i will be the surplier also got a couple of the shops interested,im hoping to start producing all the boats i design and build in the new year turning it to a buisness,Optimax H20 models.
and to say that im in talks with surpliers and all the hardware,batts etc will be discounted as im planning on ordering in bulk orders.
The guys at the club have seen my boats run and this is why they asked me to produce somthing different to all the others who knows it may catch on if i can get the cost down enough.
Iv seen 1 of them little f1 and they are ok but need reinforcing before you can add your hardware etc the are quite flimsy hence why im planning on making mine out of fibrglass.

F1 madness

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 12:42:03 pm »

I didnt see him mention a price for these hulls yet?,before making stetements like that why not let him get one built then once he has the moulds for them he can determine what the costs will be for each fibreglass hull.If this hull is withing the rules i see no reason why he shouldnt be able to sell a lot of them,looks like a nice cat hull to me,good to see someone doing something different.If your other designs are anything to go by i think you will have a winner on your hands and once people see them go you will be snowed under with orders im sure.
Mart

Thanks Mart,who knows how it will pan out.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 01:15:24 pm »

By first appearance I propose the name Club GLS.... Goes Like Stink!  ok2

F1 madness

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 01:27:10 pm »

LOL who knows how it will go till it hits the water but should be interesting ;)

F1 madness

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 03:54:32 pm »

Just finished sanding the edges after getting the top deck and transom skinned.

Just gotta sort the canopy out now

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 04:59:44 pm »

I take it there's no  snow on your roof Daz, not with all the heat comin' out of that workshop of yours!
Nice work matey, cant wait to see it for real soon.

The hull looks great, just hope you choose the right looking upper section to finish it off.
Incidentally, have you thought of including an "air duct" through the upper canpoy, to help pass cooler air over the electrics? rather than seal the air in [just a thought - shoot me down in flames if you have to -ha ha].
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/

F1 madness

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 05:44:59 pm »

plenty of ice and now here LOL
Youll see it soon enough  :-))
Got a couple of designs for the hatch just not sure which 1 to use yet,either way it will look good (i hope LOL)
The  only thing with air scoops if it flips or rolls it will fill the hull up with water so will have to wait and see ok2

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 10:45:00 pm »

Keep it water tight and make do with a water cooled motor and speed controller.
Mart

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 11:42:05 pm »

Hey bud hear what your saying but me and some of the guys think things need to brought more upto date, + i will be the surplier also got a couple of the shops interested,im hoping to start producing all the boats i design and build in the new year turning it to a buisness,Optimax H20 models.
and to say that im in talks with surpliers and all the hardware,batts etc will be discounted as im planning on ordering in bulk orders.
The guys at the club have seen my boats run and this is why they asked me to produce somthing different to all the others who knows it may catch on if i can get the cost down enough.
Iv seen 1 of them little f1 and they are ok but need reinforcing before you can add your hardware etc the are quite flimsy hence why im planning on making mine out of fibrglass.

OK so if this had started in the traders section there would not have been the misinterpretation it was just for your club.

Peter

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 08:22:30 am »

OK so if this had started in the traders section there would not have been the misinterpretation it was just for your club.

Peter

Give the lad a break have you nothing better to do.This thread is about his new design he isnt advertising anything YET.So he mentioned he may make things into a buisness in the future is that a crime  %),whats wrong you worried your friends at Astec might have competition  O0.I for one hope his hard work pays off,its well deserved.
Carry on Daz your doing a great job  :-)).
Mart

F1 madness

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 08:31:41 am »

1. im not a trader (yet) so dont see the need to put it in the traders section
2. this is the 1st club iv joined and they asked me,and i just added my input.
As it stands at the minute im a hobbyist who enjoys designing and building my own hulls,and i didnt state it was just for our club,all i said was our club wanted to have their own 500 series.
This to me is a bit of a challenge and somthing else to do,also i started this thread to get some feed back and see what others thought it.
Rgds Daz

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 08:34:04 am »

Carry on Daz, doing a fine job there mate...

Russ

F1 madness

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 08:34:24 am »

Give the lad a break have you nothing better to do.This thread is about his new design he isnt advertising anything YET.So he mentioned he may make things into a buisness in the future is that a crime  %),whats wrong you worried your friends at Astec might have competition  O0.I for one hope his hard work pays off,its well deserved.
Mart

Thanks Mart :-))

F1 madness

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 08:35:36 am »

Carry on Daz, doing a fine job there mate...

Russ

Cheers russ will do :}

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 10:27:03 am »

Mart

Martin I have only ever bought one hull off them18 months ago and the service was crap, but the german product good, I was trying to help by putting the link on as it may have been an easy way for them to get going with a cheap nhull he had not said he was going to produce them then or I would not have posted at all.
Peter
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.