Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings from Australia  (Read 2275 times)

verithingeoff

Greetings from Australia
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:36:56 am »

G'day guys, my main interests in modelling are the small steam toys that were produced in the UK before the 2nd WW. The Bowman company made some stunning boats, and these are one of my interests. I have a couple of questions about boilers, but I will find a more appropriate forum for the questions.

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: Greetings from Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:18:06 am »

Welcome  verithingeoff there is a steam section or two on hear so have a look you may find things of interest,and not wanting to get rid off you but this site may help you as well  

http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Peter

verithingeoff

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 01:34:14 pm »

Thanks for the welcome Peter, I use the Mamod forum a lot, and from your Avatar so do you ok2

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 03:01:29 pm »

Greetings verithingeoff!

Welcome to the Mayhem!

What steam engines do you have in your collection?

Photos?   :-))

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

steamboatwilly

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 04:18:24 pm »

Greetings.

May I respectfully  suggest you ask your boiler questions. I have posted  boiler queries on the site, and had some most helpful replies.

Will

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 09:43:38 pm »

Hi Geoff, and welcome to another Aussie.

Where in Queensland are you? I, and 3 other members of our club visited the Springfield Lakes Marine Modellers last Saturday. Even though the "Sunshine State" did not live up to its name we had a great day.

Peter.

verithingeoff

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 02:14:56 pm »

Greetings. May I respectfully  suggest you ask your boiler questions. I have posted  boiler queries on the site, and had some most helpful replies. Will
Hi Guys
here we go then
This is the boat in question

here's the boiler pair

here's the boiler housing

Question is:- I think that the three funnels look out of place on this hull [they would look good on a model container ship ok2]
What is the best method to determine the size of a replacement round funnel. If I do a straigh calc, area of the rectangular funnels totalled up, the round funnel needs to be 2.6". I think that this will look totally out of scale.....any suggestions?

Oh, to the question about where I live...Mt Coolum

BTW if this is in the wrong forum, mods feel free to relocate :-)

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 09:08:13 pm »

Hi Geoff, and welcome to another Aussie.

Where in Queensland are you? I, and 3 other members of our club visited the Springfield Lakes Marine Modellers last Saturday. Even though the "Sunshine State" did not live up to its name we had a great day.

Peter.

Peter, We as you know are very accomodating, so we put on the weather to make you feel at home. O0 O0 O0

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 09:17:49 pm »

Peter, We as you know are very accomodating, so we put on the weather to make you feel at home. O0 O0 O0
And we really appreciated it......NOT {-) {-) {-).

For once, Queensland is ahead of us for rainfall, apart from the tropics. We have had 50mm so far this month, whereas my sister in Maleny recorded 250mm of rain in the first 8 days. Our daughter and son in law are in Blackwater, where the open cut coal mines are big swimming pools, and they are isolated as most of the roads were cut, as was the rail line.

Peter.

nick_75au

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 10:34:51 am »

I have a boiler built very similarly to that only its a single drum, I purchased it from a SSS model boat club day, It was built by a deceased member of that club I'm lead to believe.

Are you a member of the Sunshine Coast MBC?

Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.369 seconds with 21 queries.