Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 1582 times)

shelly_mad

Introducing Myself
« on: December 07, 2010, 10:24:22 pm »

Hi

I just want to introduce myself to the forum, my names Shelly and its over 30 years since I last built a model sailing yacht, its a hobby I used to get so much enjoyment from as a child. A few months ago I came across a book "Build your own radio controlled yacht" by Bryn Heveldt, I purchased this book and built  the model S.Y. Red Sun.I so much enjoyed building and sailing Red Sun that I started on another, and then another....... :)

Racing Sparrow S.Y. Red Sun

My Current project is completing a Kyosho Sea Dolphin, I purchased just the hull and have been kitting it out these last few weeks

I can allready see that this forum contains a lot of intersting knowledge/posts and everyone seems so very friendly and helpfull and I look forward to getting to know people on here and share our Model boating experiences.

I knocked up a website last weekend to display the models I am building so if you are interested in seeing any more pics of my builds please visit www.shellysmodelyachts.co.uk

Kind Regards to you all

Shelly

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 12:01:40 am »

Hi Shelly, and welcome to the forum. There are some very knowledgeable people here, most of whom are only too willing to help - all you need do is ask.

I like your web site, and look forward to hearing more from you, and seeing more photos of your models.

Peter.

shelly_mad

Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 12:31:21 am »

Thankyou Peter :)

I am still finding my way back in to modelling so any help and advice asked or just given is most welcome, I started back making models earlier this year and am really interested in making model sailing yachts, though making model submarines is also on my intesrest list, but for now I would just try n learn basic modelling skills n make my mistakes n learn from others n just enjoy :)

Bit of a Bio:)

m living in Leicester UK, grew up in cornwall where i developed a love of the sea n ships, I started making model boats then loved to sail then joined the merchant navy at age 16 then travelled for a few years, n came ashore n changed jobs n then ended up in Leicester, I love sailing and I cant afford a yacht so decided on building models again as I did when I was younger.

Thats about it really :)

TY Peter

Shelly
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.