Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ITALERI SCHNELLBOOT BRUSHLESS WANTED.....NEED HELP  (Read 3678 times)

ffr2608

ITALERI SCHNELLBOOT BRUSHLESS WANTED.....NEED HELP
« on: December 08, 2010, 03:58:48 am »

First post..

Picking up a Schnellboot kit for Christmas. Plan to get the replacement brass props for it and want to outfit the hull with a brushless setup. Was originally thinking of a brushed 545 single but wanted to see some other BL options. (twin outboard props only or single BL setup etc...)
Has anyone done this already? My first choice would be a single setup with the outboard props fitted for display only. Can anyone recommend a single motor that would plane this hull at scale speeds?
Also, would love some info on reversing ESC's too.

Thanks,

D

DaveB

Re: ITALERI SCHNELLBOOT BRUSHLESS WANTED.....NEED HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 07:35:00 am »

Hello D
I've got one of these kits sitting in the workshop i'm hoping to make a start sometime next year and like you will be going down the brushless route, i'm not certain which size motors to fit as yet but was thinking along the lines of all 3 brushless with the outboard motors connected to independent esc's and the center motor on a simple on off switch (like an emergency power boost). I've already got a few li po's so battery power won't be a problem. As for the esc i have been using car type with a built on fan have a look on ebay for New version brushless esc they do a range from 20amp up to 120amp.
Dave

Gra

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 02:48:27 am »

Hi ,

I feel Brushless motors would be far to powerful for this boat at 1/35 scale if you want scale speed.
I run 545 brushed motors in a 1/24 scale Schnellboot and it performs great.

Gra.     

nick_75au

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 06:01:04 am »

Gra
I am curious as to why you think brushless motors are to powerful, there is such a large range available. There is a motor to suit any sized hull.

FFR
what sized prop would you be fitting and what batteries are you looking at, can get you in the ballpark with these details. There are a few reversing escs such as the Seaking range, also brushless car ESCs wit a crawler mode or Mtronics do one as well.

Nick

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 01:59:44 pm »

Hi Daveb, I notice in your post you say that you will switch on and off the centre brushless motor.  Not easy, as you will need to supply the right input for it.  I rather suspect you will need an esc unless you have another solution?
regards Roy

nick_75au

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 09:35:59 pm »

I, after a bit of research think an outrunner in the 20 mm diameter and 1600-1800 Kv on 6-7.4 volts would be right for this boat with a 25- 30 mm prop

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5381

or similar is what Im thinking.

for single drive a 35 mm prop, a 28 mm motor  1200-1600  Kv

Nick

Gra

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 08:23:59 am »

Hi Nick
My comment based on watching some you tube video of the Italeri boat some time back.Far to fast.The S-Boat hull is very smooth through the water.
I am sure you will come up with the best combination.

Gra

DaveB

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 01:49:19 pm »

Hi roycv
Thinking further about the motors you are right i had forgotten about them being 3 phase so it will be 3 motors and esc's or 2 plus one dummy in the centre
Dave

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 02:15:22 pm »

SHG Marine do a conversion kit for the Italeri Schnellboot, but not sure if it's listed in the catalogue. They're always able to offer good advice and assistance. Why not give them a call? Dave.  :-))

http://www.shgmodels.com/acatalog/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.