Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with a Windstar rig.  (Read 2418 times)

kendalboatsman

Help with a Windstar rig.
« on: February 16, 2007, 09:37:40 pm »

Hello,

I am purchased a Windstar sail rig to use on a 1m hull my friend built unfortunately it came with no instructions. Has anyone built a Windstar yacht if so could you offer advice or kindly scan and send me the rig part of the instructions.

Thanks
Clive

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
Re: Help with a Windstar rig.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 10:12:56 am »

Somewhere in this site should give you some clues

http://www.onemetre.net/

MikeK

kendalboatsman

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 04:57:29 pm »

Hello Mike,

Thanks for that link. I have bookmarked the site for future reference however I am specifically after the Windstar instructions to assemble the kit of parts I have. I also have the rythm plans given away with Model Boats.

If all else fails I will end up having to buy a Windstar hull and shelve the hull I have.

Thanks
Clive

ukengineman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 08:16:35 pm »

I was going to build a Windstar at one stage and collected a few pictures and links to help with a possible build. In the end I went for another IOM. The Windstar rig is unusual in that instead of dropping into a mast box it is deck mounted. The deck mounting is threaded and on rigging, the shroud tension is set by raising the mast. This arrangement may not be compatible with many other hulls. This link to a foreign forum contains some pictures of a somewhat modified Windstar:-
http://www.ptnauticmodel.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16817&sid=9759281ca4b400f18547f4cf3fbab9b0
Attached is the deck of a standard Windstar with all eyebolts, sheet guides and mast base fitted.
I have also emailed to your registered address a Robbe publicity document showing a rigged Windstar.
Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.